2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braithwaite and Gordon have both shown Kean up this season - neither much experience and both have not been putting in Rooney eque performances but both getting stuck in and showing promise.

Thats my main issue with Kean - he's played at a much higher level than either but hasn't shown really anything to his game. I could excuse his lack of goals if you saw him get stuck in/showing something.

Out of interest, would you say we'd seen enough if we were 10 games into the season and he'd played each one? Because that's the amount of football he's played.

I've been really disappointed with him, my expectations were high, but he's simply not played enough minutes to write him off at the age he is.
10 full games is 15 hours of football. To produce what moise hasn’t in 15 hours takes some doing. Of course the flip side of that is he produced a lot with very limited time in Italy. Maybe he will come good, but at this stage I will be very pleasantly surprised if it happens.

The worry next season is an injury to Richarlison and being left with DCL and Kean for 15/20 games, that could potentially wreck the whole season.

I know DCL has done well this season, but he’s not in the same class as Richarlison. And it’s telling that even with DCL not doing that well since the restart, Kean hasn’t had a look in. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s sold back to Italy. And another striker is brought in.

The worry next season is an injury to Richarlison and being left with DCL and Kean for 15/20 games, that could potentially wreck the whole season.

I know DCL has done well this season, but he’s not in the same class as Richarlison. And it’s telling that even with DCL not doing that well since the restart, Kean hasn’t had a look in. It wouldn’t surprise me if he’s sold back to Italy. And another striker is brought in.
Scary thought

Kean should've kept his place after Newcastle when he was motm in my opinion. If we could get back what we paid for him I'd sell him but that's not going to happen. So we may as well try to get something out of him. He could do well next to DCL up front I think. Richarlison should go go out wide.

Kean should've kept his place after Newcastle when he was motm in my opinion. If we could get back what we paid for him I'd sell him but that's not going to happen. So we may as well try to get something out of him. He could do well next to DCL up front I think. Richarlison should go go out wide.
You're putting our best finisher out wide to accommodate a lump of dog turd in the hope that he shows something.

Not for me.

You're putting our best finisher out wide to accommodate a lump of dog turd in the hope that he shows something.

Not for me.
We'd be replacing a useless winger with a dangerous one. Richarlison has shown that he can score wherever he plays. Hopefully we'd be gaining an extra player on the pitch capable of getting a goal. He wouldn't be replacing Richarlison in the team, he'd be replacing Iwobi/Bernard/Walcott.

We'd be replacing a useless winger with a dangerous one. Richarlison has shown that he can score wherever he plays. Hopefully we'd be gaining an extra player on the pitch capable of getting a goal. He wouldn't be replacing Richarlison in the team, he'd be replacing Iwobi/Bernard/Walcott.

Never imagined I'd be saying these words, but I stand with Big Sam's Undies. You play Richarlison in his best position, and build the team around him.

I've said that for a while but been laughed at apparently our strikeforce is good enough.

It really isn't- a long lay off to Richarlison = season over.

Not for me.
I think Richarlison was put up front out of desperation. You wont win anything with him as our main striker. He has scored the same amount of goals as Puki at Norwich.
Either play kean or sell him.
I think given his lack of playing time under Carlo he must be on his way.
Hopefully we have a replacement lined up.

I think Richarlison was put up front out of desperation. You wont win anything with him as our main striker. He has scored the same amount of goals as Puki at Norwich.
Either play kean or sell him.
I think given his lack of playing time under Carlo he must be on his way.
Hopefully we have a replacement lined up.
His finish the other day was top notch, I agree he was put up there due to a lack of alternative but, and I'm not suggesting for one minute that they are the same ability-wise, I see him going the Ronaldo route and starting to play centrally rather than wide where he started out.

The frustrating thing is that hasn't been tried in these recent behind closed doors games so I think Kean must be on his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.