2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....we all want him to do well but he continues to disappoint. If it was tactical, I thought the half-time substitution was brave and correct. No excuses, Kean needs to grab his chance when he gets it. Remember the 10 two-letter word sentence;

’If it is to be, it is up to me.’

I’ve only heard of “ to be , or not to be “

Hope that this doesn't turn into a Lookman situation again

The guy is super talented and in the minutes he has played thus far, you can see he is better than Calvert Lewin. I hope Marco starts to put him in front or CL in the future.

Not being a smart arse or anything , but how is lookman doing? I really wanted to keep him and thought he had immense talent but haven’t heard anything of him since the move. Hope kean gets more opportunities than he did but I have to say that he hasn’t covered himself in glory. His touch looks loose, his ball retention looks below average and he looks like he’s struggling. Not judging him yet but lookman looked more talented technically when I seen him play.

Not being a smart arse or anything , but how is lookman doing? I really wanted to keep him and thought he had immense talent but haven’t heard anything of him since the move. Hope kean gets more opportunities than he did but I have to say that he hasn’t covered himself in glory. His touch looks loose, his ball retention looks below average and he looks like he’s struggling. Not judging him yet but lookman looked more talented technically when I seen him play.

I wasn't trying to compare them as players, just their situation. Two talented young guys that need first team football. And I personally don't watch the german league. I read a blog the other day from his current manager saying it will take him time to get up to speed as he has played hardly any football at all over the last 3 years.

I personally couldn't compare the two, one played for Charlton the other played for Juve, Italy and is up for the Kopa award. He hasn't had a chance yet, but he will be twice the player that Lookman will be.

For me it’s this dead sound 4231 system that’s killing not just Kean but all our strikers. It heavily involves being on the end of crosses into the box and a fair bit of back to goal hold up play to work, non of our strikers (with the exception of maybe dcl) can do that job. Until the system is changed to suit our strikers, Kean and Tosun will suffer as it’s not suited to them.

It will also stifle the attacking in midfield as either everything goes wide, or stops due to not having a striker to hold up the ball and bring the Attacking midfielder into play.

Until the system is changed (which is not anytime soon) we won’t see kean, tosun, Sigurdsson and to an extent Iwobi do anything of note.

For me it’s this dead sound 4231 system that’s killing not just Kean but all our strikers. It heavily involves being on the end of crosses into the box and a fair bit of back to goal hold up play to work, non of our strikers (with the exception of maybe dcl) can do that job. Until the system is changed to suit our strikers, Kean and Tosun will suffer as it’s not suited to them.

It will also stifle the attacking in midfield as either everything goes wide, or stops due to not having a striker to hold up the ball and bring the Attacking midfielder into play.

Until the system is changed (which is not anytime soon) we won’t see kean, tosun, Sigurdsson and to an extent Iwobi do anything of note.

...I just don’t get this argument at all, the lads a striker and they thrive on the skill set of a striker. Richarlison showed how to do it against a West Ham, Kean has all the physical attributes to play that role.

I feel sorry for Moise Kean
Does anyone think there's a story here or is it just simple that he's just he's not settling in yet? We've bought him so if it's a long-term deal it's worth waiting 6 months before judging, and he's probably being treated the same as Lookman, but it would be nice for Silva to sometimes mention him in a press conference, no? I haven't see him do anything yet, but feel like he would work better with DCL up front, or on his own.
I really liked yesterday's front 4 - it's what I would want in the future, but needs time to gel
Iwobi in the middle, Richarlison on the right,

I’ll be honest I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is better than DCL. Take his reputation away and base him purely on his minutes here and he’s done no better.
He does need the minutes and game time to get used to the league tho and he may have the potential to be better than what we have seen so far. His price tag means he won’t be getting loaned out and Silva won’t give him the minutes as he’s fighting for his job, I really don’t what options we actually have..

Also, in no way should he have been on the wing last night when DCL has plenty of experience in that position. They should have swapped.
Silva must take all the blame for that.

DCL has been given around 40-50 games? Maybe we're unlucky in that we have 2 young strikers who need time to grow, but at least we have richarlison who is dependable, DCL growing, Keen in the future - hopefully if Walcott could just score a few and Iwobi and Siggy get 10 each (A big ask I know) we'd be getting much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.