Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen lads, hes 19 years old, hes coming to a new country, hes learning to play with new team mates, a new style, a new manager.

Please, I beg you, give the lad a season and a half before you write him off, for Gods sake.

Hopefully he comes in and smashes it, im sure he will, but just in case, get off his back.

Yep, with the state the team was in last summer, this was always gonna be a 2-3 years rebuild....Kean is a potentially a massive piece in the jigsaw, the hardest piece to find, a good young striker...but he is only 19, it will likely take him a year to settle and grow into this league (look at Richarlison the past 2 seasons).... Without writing this season off, because we have enough now to build on last year, we may still be 1 season away from properly kicking on and challenging the top 4...
Last season we were 17 points off 4th (and Spurs lost 13 games)...so it's a big gap we're looking to close...United and Arsenal are spending big to get back into the top 4..

So we need to be patient with the team overall, we are building a good young team

Yep, with the state the team was in last summer, this was always gonna be a 2-3 years rebuild....Kean is a potentially a massive piece in the jigsaw, the hardest piece to find, a good young striker...but he is only 19, it will likely take him a year to settle and grow into this league (look at Richarlison the past 2 seasons).... Without writing this season off, because we have enough now to build on last year, we may still be 1 season away from properly kicking on and challenging the top 4...
Last season we were 17 points off 4th (and Spurs lost 13 games)...so it's a big gap we're looking to close...United and Arsenal are spending big to get back into the top 4..

So we need to be patient with the team overall, we are building a good young team

No we dont need to write the season off at all.

If we get in the 3 players we need, we should be able to compete, just that some players, like Kean, Gbamin, plus others we sign, might take time to adapt.

I know the likes of Dave will say "We should have got them in early", sure that might help, but no amount of prep time will help when the real footy starts next week.

Nothing can prepare you for this League, only playing in it.

Who locked that attention seeking Toblerones thread about being ITK? Absolute joke this place is becoming.

No we dont need to write the season off at all.

If we get in the 3 players we need, we should be able to compete, just that some players, like Kean, Gbamin, plus others we sign, might take time to adapt.

I know the likes of Dave will say "We should have got them in early", sure that might help, but no amount of prep time will help when the real footy starts next week.

Nothing can prepare you for this League, only playing in it.

To add, I think there's a difference between waiting late to get your first choice targets, and scrambling around last minute after getting your strategy wrong.

In the past, we've done the latter rather than the former and ended up with Ashley bloody Williams.

There's a completely new approach to how we're doing business here. You can only bring in early if the selling club want to sell early, otherwise you move on to other targets. We haven't done that.

To add, I think there's a difference between waiting late to get your first choice targets, and scrambling around last minute after getting your strategy wrong.

In the past, we've done the latter rather than the former and ended up with Ashley bloody Williams.

There's a completely new approach to how we're doing business here. You can only bring in early if the selling club want to sell early, otherwise you move on to other targets. We haven't done that.

Kean and Gbamin have also only just returned from holiday, so you are talking about a week at most "lost".

Listen lads, hes 19 years old, hes coming to a new country, hes learning to play with new team mates, a new style, a new manager.

Please, I beg you, give the lad a season and a half before you write him off, for Gods sake.

Hopefully he comes in and smashes it, im sure he will, but just in case, get off his back.
I’ll give it precisely 3 games before the “jUsT iSn’T gOoD eNoUgH fOr WhErE wE wAnT tO bE, lAd” starts up :(

The lad will deffo need time. Especially his link up play. He’ll be a star, no doubt... in time! ;)

yeah that's not happening with our fans sadly.

The lad is what, 19? Brands is obviously thinking long term. It is the only sensible approach after too many years of nonsensical, clueless transfer
windows.
There are no quick fixes. No instant gratification. No magic bullets. However, if this lad can find the net in the PL as well as he could in Italy, then we are on our way.
I think this is a great signing of an exciting prospect. Well in Brands and co.

I agree with all your sentiments. However, just remember that a large number of our support (on here) were calling for Silva’s head in November!!!! This after the excellent signing of Diagne, Richarlison, Bernard, Zouma and Gomes!!!!

If we are winning, Young Kean will be fine. If we are losing, sadly, Mark my words, he will get the “bird” like every other player does.

MK.jpg

Given the bar being set by our other strikers, I think hope alone means he’ll get plenty of time to come good. Just has to be better then bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.