Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Kean at 30m with a 60m buyback after 2 years in a heartbeat. By far the most realistic way for us to bring in a top quality striker. If we want to treble up on young talent, we need to be fishing in the Brazilian waters (that we turn into wine)
A lot of teams would take him at 30m with a 60m buyback. We'll have to spend more than that I would think.

Really hope this comes off. Will be a lot of pressure on him but Everton have other players who can score to relieve some of it. Think this is a chance at filling the Lukaku hole with a player in the same mold.

Juve sacrifice Kean to Everton?

Kean-1904-Mil-celeb-epa_2.jpg

Juventus could sell Moise Kean to Everton, although Arsenal are also interested, with a buy-back clause included, claim Sky Sport Italia.
According to transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio, the 19-year-old striker is on the market because of difficulties in selling Gonzalo Higuain and Mario Mandzukic.
Kean has scored eight goals in 21 senior appearances for Juventus, finding the net twice in three Italy caps.
He was already the subject of a €30m offer from Everton, but it’s reported Juve could change their minds with the inclusion of a buy-back clause.
This would essentially be the same system that Barcelona used for Gerard Deulofeu to get regular playing time and grow at Everton.
Sky Sport Italia maintain Arsenal are also interested in Kean, but he turned down a Barcelona offer, because that would’ve meant immediately being loaned out to Sevilla.

I genuinely don't know how I feel about this because although he's obviously highly rated, I feel buying "potential" for our most important need doesn't seem right unless we are also getting experience.

I have no idea how good this kean is but he's never played a full season to know. we need a striker, like desperately, I just can't understand the logic of a 19 year old when we are struggling for goals.

He could be great, he may also not be, he's an unknown. Not sure it's what we need right now, we need to be challenging top 6, I personally don't know if Kean will help us do that. Nobody does I suppose but it's a huge huge gamble for a position we are crying out for an established player in.

I take ypur point, but at least, if he's successful, he can play a part in restoring our profile to the point where good players simply want to come.

If it leads to a lower initial fee then it’ll be different. £25m with a £40-£45m buy back wouldn’t be disastrous, particularly since we do need a good striker in for the coming season.

I would take Kean at 30m with a 60m buyback after 2 years in a heartbeat. By far the most realistic way for us to bring in a top quality striker. If we want to treble up on young talent, we need to be fishing in the Brazilian waters (that we turn into wine)

I think most would. The initial reports were that they only wanted to pay a minimal amount on top for any buy-back though

A lot of teams would take him at 30m with a 60m buyback. We'll have to spend more than that I would think.
I think most would. The initial reports were that they only wanted to pay a minimal amount on top for any buy-back though

Looks like the buyback is now a first refusal on any sale. Selling with a fee now and first refusal is still better than him leaving for nothing. Plus like I keep saying, they would rather sell to us with a first refusal/buyback option as they still have some 'control' over his future should he turn into a superstar.

If he leaves for free next year and goes to Barca/Bayern etc and turns amazing, they will never see him again.

Both put him in exactly the same position he is now, playing backup to better players and bigger names.

Young impressionable players would possibly like Barcelona shirts on and play in the champions league.
Yes he'd be first choice at Everton, but I'm not convinced about these buy back clauses, would sooner buy outright. Surely there must be some young striker in the world we can actually buy outright. God knows we've had long enough to find one. Moan over.

Status
Not open for further replies.