Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read my posts
I said the lack of a competitive market for this lad is a concern, if hes as good (potentially) as is being made out.
Regardless of fee, if he was THAT good the top echelon of clubs would be sniffing round. You've just got a hard on for him cos he's 19.

Could all be waiting for us to agree a fee, it's happened before. Wenger done it to us a couple of times, Fernandes, Sissoko.

Read my posts
I said the lack of a competitive market for this lad is a concern, if hes as good (potentially) as is being made out.
Regardless of fee, if he was THAT good the top echelon of clubs would be sniffing round. You've just got a hard on for him cos he's 19.
I agree with Zat here. Which of the top clubs can 100% guarantee he will play for them? We have no striker so we can but the rest of the "Big 6" can't, Napoli, Roma and both Milan clubs can't, the 3 big Spain clubs can't, Bayern and Dortmund can't and PSG can't. There isn't really competition in that sense. And if we are going to pay him like a first team striker we probably beat people there. Maybe the lack of market is down to any of those teams who asked being told he isn't interested and dropping it?

I agree with Zat here. Which of the top clubs can 100% guarantee he will play for them? We have no striker so we can but the rest of the "Big 6" can't, Napoli, Roma and both Milan clubs can't, the 3 big Spain clubs can't, Bayern and Dortmund can't and PSG can't. There isn't really competition in that sense. And if we are going to pay him like a first team striker we probably beat people there. Maybe the lack of market is down to any of those teams who asked being told he isn't interested and dropping it?
They don't do guarantees.
They lash another 30/40/50k a week on your wages.

I mean it as if you look at the squad he walks in as the best striker so he is more or less guaranteed to play. Obviously no one is given any kind of assurance they'll play but if you are currently behind Ronaldo and the club that gives you an offer puts you behind Lewandowski instead it is possible that you'll say no thanks.

I also get what Zat is getting out, but my point is that if the lad is as good as being made out, why wouldnt loads of clubs be interested? And my point is that there are loads of clubs that could afford 40m.

Im not gonna go through every team in Europe and compare Strikers like, cos mainly I havent even seen this Moist boy play for 1.

Yeah , but as we know to our cost , with regard to previous dross (not saying this lad is ) we are more than capable of over paying on wages !

I mean it as if you look at the squad he walks in as the best striker so he is more or less guaranteed to play. Obviously no one is given any kind of assurance they'll play but if you are currently behind Ronaldo and the club that gives you an offer puts you behind Lewandowski instead it is possible that you'll say no thanks.
Nobody can guarantee he walks in anywhere as the best striker. He's a massively unproven 19 year old with a handful of games under his belt.

He ain't the Messiah (Moiseiah)

Last edited:
Nobody can guarantee he walks in anywhere as the best striker. He's a massively unproven 19 year old with a handful of games under his belt.

I like Dom and haven't given up on him but Kean is walking in the door as our best striker. Maybe he doesn't adapt to the league and flops. But if we sign him he is going to be up top at Selhurst.

I also get what Zat is getting out, but my point is that if the lad is as good as being made out, why wouldnt loads of clubs be interested? And my point is that there are loads of clubs that could afford 40m.

Im not gonna go through every team in Europe and compare Strikers like, cos mainly I havent even seen this Moist boy play for 1.
I understand that others should be in but my thinking is maybe they asked and were told no by Kean because his evaluation is they aren't going to give him minutes. And because it went no farther than that the negotiations ended and it never spilled out. I mean I'm struggling to think of a club that can sign players (so not Chelsea) and is in a position to need to spend big on a striker. Possibly Roma since Dzeko is older. I really am not sure who else would be in.

"Which other club has got £40mil to spend on a 19 year old to go straight in as a starter? "

Thats what you asked, I said every team in this league and about 20 in Europe could buy him if they wanted.

If hes a good player, ive never watched him myself, why wouldnt he start for other teams? Are you suggesting hes really poo?

Thats all Zat.

Are City going to start him? Are the RS going to start him? How about Arsenal, will he start ahead of Aubameyang? Wait, how about Chelsea...

You answered yes to all at £40mil a pop which Arsenal dont seem to have and chelsea are on a ban lol

I think it’s fair to say that every team that hasn’t just been promoted could pay that kind of money.

There’s also plenty of teams in Europe that have sold players for big fees that could also go for him.

Not as a starter, hes not getting in a lot of sides from day 1...and those he would do havent got £40mil for one player.

What do we reckon for Zat, he's a two 9's man isn't he? Potential for 8 and 10 at a push.

Thats gone way over my head...

Read my posts

Again, ive addressed this by asking who would pay the £40mil and start him...

...and no, he doesnt give me a 'hard on' cos hes 19 and neither does Delph at 29...

Precisely

Dont backtrack, stick to your guns...

He's pretty good...he'd be our 1st choice. Cant see other teams at this level saying the same...and ponying up £40mil.

I understand that others should be in but my thinking is maybe they asked and were told no by Kean because his evaluation is they aren't going to give him minutes. And because it went no farther than that the negotiations ended and it never spilled out. I mean I'm struggling to think of a club that can sign players (so not Chelsea) and is in a position to need to spend big on a striker. Possibly Roma since Dzeko is older. I really am not sure who else would be in.

Roma is actually a good shout and the most likely to give him a similar amount of games as us.

The boy will want games, Raiola will want him to get games and then sell him...

Not many can offer that...

Are City going to start him? Are the RS going to start him? How about Arsenal, will he start ahead of Aubameyang? Wait, how about Chelsea...

You answered yes to all at £40mil a pop which Arsenal dont seem to have and chelsea are on a ban lol

Not as a starter, hes not getting in a lot of sides from day 1...and those he would do havent got £40mil for one player.

...and no, he doesnt give me a 'hard on' cos hes 19 and neither does Delph at 29...

Precisely

He's pretty good...he'd be our 1st choice. Cant see other teams at this level saying the same...and ponying up £40mil.

Roma is actually a good shout and the most likely to give him a similar amount of games as us.

My guns have been the same from the start.

Somebody is using us a pawn, he will sign a new contract and then probably go on loan, maybe to us.

Precisely

Looking at just the teams in the CL for next year he might get similar game time to what we would give him at a small number of clubs: Valencia, Leverkusen, Lyon and Lille. I'm not sure all of those can spend 40m. The rest of the clubs that could give him time are in smaller leagues. There are few others in the Europa such as Roma, Gladbach, and Sevilla. I don't think the competition is as big as people seem to think assuming Kean isn't going to leave Juve to ride the bench at a different club.

Status
Not open for further replies.