Confirmed Signing Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t Keane an Italy international?
He is but I get what he's saying. Actually it would be good if the Ivorian background meant Kean spoke French as we definitely have people who can speak that around. Italian I'm not so sure about. Although Spanish and Portuguese aren't a million miles away so some communication should be possible without translators. And football is football. Unless it's calcio.

I mean it as a positive to be fair, id sooner see us spending 50 mil on a 14 year old youth academy player than go back to the days of being outbid for Leroy Fer or getting Segundo Castillo in to do a job in midfield
Hahaha true, forgot Segundo Castillo existed to be fair

Well there seems to be a lot of clubs paying a lot of money to analysts who disagree with you.

But what do experts know eh? We live in a post truth, post expert world these days.

How very Trumpian.
My point is, and I appear to be struggling to get this across, possibly due to an obvious lack of sixteen digit numbers, pie charts and a great big narky swingometer, that the browsing and examining of these stats has taken precedence over the sporting element to some while it means jack to most.
Its importance is rendered obsolete when the first Ryan Shawcross horizontal tackle comes in and takes said player and all his quarter turns in the opponents final tenth between the 50th and 59th minute into the recycle bin.
Have fun with numbers by all means but don't finish off football for the sake of choking the life out of an abacus...

How very Trumpian.
My point is, and I appear to be struggling to get this across, possibly due to an obvious lack of sixteen digit numbers, pie charts and a great big narky swingometer, that the browsing and examining of these stats has taken precedence over the sporting element to some while it means jack to most.
Its importance is rendered obsolete when the first Ryan Shawcross horizontal tackle comes in and takes said player and all his quarter turns in the opponents final tenth between the 50th and 59th minute into the recycle bin.
Have fun with numbers by all means but don't finish off football for the sake of choking the life out of an abacus...

I get what your saying and im the same, kinda, football isnt played on data, its played on grass, by humans, so whilst all the data in the world will tell you 1 thing, the human element will at some point, quite often in fact, tell you something very different.

So whilst I agree, you cant ignore that a LOT of football clubs seems to be investing vast sums of money on such things. They of course dont compute the human aspect, but they are helpful.

Sports science and data such as this has come so very far and the investment is worthwhile for most clubs, cos if some nerd in an office can improve something by 2%, well you will surely agree, that 2% is worth every penny in the 93rd minute.

I do think theres is a massive switch towards only taking data to judge players tho, as you said earlier, the only thing that matters, REALLY matters is did X player put that ball in the back of the net.

How very Trumpian.
Beautiful text. Just ruddy lovely.

Kean is Italian....
Isn’t Keane an Italy international?
What he says below. Ivorian heritage (his parents are Ivorian). Obviously we wouldn't target Zaha for that reason alone, just would've been a bit of a bonus.
He is but I get what he's saying. Actually it would be good if the Ivorian background meant Kean spoke French as we definitely have people who can speak that around. Italian I'm not so sure about. Although Spanish and Portuguese aren't a million miles away so some communication should be possible without translators. And football is football. Unless it's calcio.

What he says below. Ivorian heritage (his parents are Ivorian). Obviously we wouldn't target Zaha for that reason alone, just would've been a bit of a bonus.
Theme though

Last summer: Gomes, Bernard, Richarlison all speak Portuguese, Digne n Zouma French. This year we’ve been *heavily* linked with 2 Ivory Coast players and someone who’s parents are Ivorian within the space of a week

I know Brands won’t be playing Ultimate Team trying to link players with chemistry but not sure it’s a coincidence either

Theme though

Last summer: Gomes, Bernard, Richarlison all speak Portuguese, Digne n Zouma French. This year we’ve been *heavily* linked with 2 Ivory Coast players and someone who’s parents are Ivorian within the space of a week

I know Brands won’t be playing Ultimate Team trying to link players with chemistry but not sure it’s a coincidence either
I've thought exactly the same. The 'science' behind building a team perhaps? God Brands is cool AF

Reactions: FTY
Don't think Kean has played a minute of pre season so far judging by Juventus fixtures/Lineups. A cameo appearance against Palace will have to suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.