Transfer Rumour Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

When we signed Mykolenko i mentioned that he had been covered alot in the media at u21 level as being the next high potential left back to emerge.

Kudus, just the same 1-3 years back his name was referenced as being a future top midfielder to keep an eye on. Also got his big move to Ajax based on potential.

Ajax have Edson Alvarez as their DM (someone I think is class) but theres no logical reason why Kudus hasnt been played as a CM when fit. He's probably got as much ability as someone like Antony for them, just hasnt quite clicked...perhaps due to the injuries.

If he can stay fit then he could play as a CM or I think alternate with McNeil depending on who we play.

What we should be looking at now is a sitting DM like Garner (and a centre forward).
Seen quite a few remarks from Ajax fans claiming it has a lot to do with club politics. They seem to think the Ajax staff are afraid to rock the boat and start to transitioning the midfield. The fans seem to see Kudus as a future star, who should be getting playing time ahead of the likes of Taylor, Klaassen, Berghuis or even Tadic.

As said earlier in this thread, quite a few are far from happy with this deal. Potentially best midfielder at the club, according to them. They obviously are in a better position to know than I am, but for me it's a deal I can get completely behind. Sure the injuries are a concern, but if we can get him fit and playing regularly, it could become a superb piece of business by us. If not, ship him back next year.

If we're finding younger players that the lower-league junkies would like us to find, and doing it in a generally low-cost way, that is enormous progress in my book. I'm fine with shelling out good coin for Onana - he is an absolute physical freak of nature - but I would also like to see us finding the bargain bin quality prospects that generally eluded us under Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.