Transfer Rumour Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using a foreign loan slot on a raw talent is a massive gamble? What should we be doing with it instead?

A large part of the reason we're in the fix that we're in is that we bought a lot of moderate-risk players for meaningful fees, put them on high wages and came up snake eyes too often. We would probably be in better shape if we had taken more low-risk punts like this one and Branthwaite.
I don't think so..we bought players at their biggest values and gave them massive wages just because we wanted them. This is at the other end of the spectrum, ajax laughing if he does well they clean up and if he stinks the place out we are down a loan

I don't think so..we bought players at their biggest values and gave them massive wages just because we wanted them. This is at the other end of the spectrum, ajax laughing if he does well they clean up and if he stinks the place out we are down a loan
If he does well we buy at a cut-rate, if not we ship him back. We spent a loan slot to take a look. It's not what all the loan slots are for, but as a club with thin squads we should be spending them all. This is a good use for a slot that appears to be surplus, as I don't see that there's much else available in the foreign loan market right now.

If he does well we buy at a cut-rate, if not we ship him back. We spent a loan slot to take a look. It's not what all the loan slots are for, but as a club with thin squads we should be spending them all. This is a good use for a slot that appears to be surplus, as I don't see that there's much else available in the foreign loan market right now.
Surely there is more in the foreign loan market. Taken an absolute unknown, all we are doing if he does ok we are doubling his value, if he does nothing we are wasting a loan. Surely they are more adequate players in the middle ground that are slightly proven that we can get in for the season.

Surely there is more in the foreign loan market. Taken an absolute unknown, all we are doing if he does ok we are doubling his value, if he does nothing we are wasting a loan. Surely they are more adequate players in the middle ground that are slightly proven that we can get in for the season.
He'll be on small wages and we are allowed 8 foreign loans in so not exactly causing us problems. Basically zero risk whatsoever

"Wasting a loan" -- what??

I dont think he will have lots of apperances. Bad injury record but can provide creative in midfield. Probably he is a cover to Iwobi. Cant say it is a bad deal because of loan but we should not expect him so much. Last, I hope he will not get injury in our training sessions.

I'm not going to claim to be an expert on whether or not this player will make it. I see what I see from stats and clips, and what I see is a player that has the physical tools to make it in the Prem but not necessarily the on-the-ball ability. He is sloppy on the ball. Whether or not that is something that Lampard is well-suited to cure, and what he looks like in a full ninety minutes in context, is for others that watch a lot more footy across leagues to evaluate IMO.

I will claim to be an expert on things like probabilities and risk management. Given what we're expending for a clear look, and the option to make a permanent move, this seems like a good deal. It doesn't cure our immediate problems. That also doesn't have to be the purpose of every move we make. If you're looking for this player to be the savior that keeps us up, you're probably going to be disappointed with the move. I don't think that's the role he's meant to fill.

He'll be on small wages and we are allowed 8 foreign loans in so not exactly causing us problems. Basically zero risk whatsoever
That's strong - there are very few players (eg: young Ronaldo from United) that approach zero-risk - but it's the sort of low-risk, high-upside play that I would like to see us do a lot more of.

I'm not going to claim to be an expert on whether or not this player will make it. I see what I see from stats and clips, and what I see is a player that has the physical tools to make it in the Prem but not necessarily the on-the-ball ability. He is sloppy on the ball. Whether or not that is something that Lampard is well-suited to cure, and what he looks like in a full ninety minutes in context, is for others that watch a lot more footy across leagues to evaluate IMO.

I will claim to be an expert on things like probabilities and risk management. Given what we're expending for a clear look, and the option to make a permanent move, this seems like a good deal. It doesn't cure our immediate problems. That also doesn't have to be the purpose of every move we make. If you're looking for this player to be the savior that keeps us up, you're probably going to be disappointed with the move. I don't think that's the role he's meant to fill.

That's strong - there are very few players (eg: young Ronaldo from United) that approach zero-risk - but it's the sort of low-risk, high-upside play that I would like to see us do a lot more of.
I mean zero risk in that it will basically cost us nothing and if he's rubbish he'll be off at the end of the season. He's apparently on about £10k a week at Ajax. Where is the risk?

I mean zero risk in that it will basically cost us nothing and if he's rubbish he'll be off at the end of the season. He's apparently on about £10k a week at Ajax. Where is the risk?
It's minimal. I agree with you on everything except the notion that the risk is zero rather than minimal. It costs half a million quid (assuming we pay the wages) plus whatever loan fee is agreed to take a look. That's the downside risk.

If we're talking about zero-risk, we're saying, "Cristiano Ronaldo could show up in Madrid, have both of Stu Holden's ACL injuries in sequence, and he's still going to deliver value on that transfer fee and contract afterwards." He almost certainly would have found a way to do that. He was just that talented and, even at a record fee and on a big contract, the sale badly underrated his value relative to his contribution level in a rising revenue environment.

@Zatara what do we think about this guy?

When we signed Mykolenko i mentioned that he had been covered alot in the media at u21 level as being the next high potential left back to emerge.

Kudus, just the same 1-3 years back his name was referenced as being a future top midfielder to keep an eye on. Also got his big move to Ajax based on potential.

Ajax have Edson Alvarez as their DM (someone I think is class) but theres no logical reason why Kudus hasnt been played as a CM when fit. He's probably got as much ability as someone like Antony for them, just hasnt quite clicked...perhaps due to the injuries.

If he can stay fit then he could play as a CM or I think alternate with McNeil depending on who we play.

What we should be looking at now is a sitting DM like Garner (and a centre forward).

When we signed Mykolenko i mentioned that he had been covered alot in the media at u21 level as being the next high potential left back to emerge.

Kudus, just the same 1-3 years back his name was referenced as being a future top midfielder to keep an eye on. Also got his big move to Ajax based on potential.

Ajax have Edson Alvarez as their DM (someone I think is class) but theres no logical reason why Kudus hasnt been played as a CM when fit. He's probably got as much ability as someone like Antony for them, just hasnt quite clicked...perhaps due to the injuries.

If he can stay fit then he could play as a CM or I think alternate with McNeil depending on who we play.

What we should be looking at now is a sitting DM like Garner (and a centre forward).

Just to add to this.

For those that want to keep Gordon, due to this move and if we can bring in Garner and a CF we dont need anyone else this window.

So may make sense to hold onto him despite the fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.