Mind Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDevils2001

Player Valuation: £15m
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez believes David Moyes is using mind games when he suggests Liverpool are the favourites to finish fourth this season.

Everton currently occupy fourth place in the Premier League, but will be replaced by Liverpool should the Anfield side win their game in hand against West Ham at home on Wednesday night.

The Goodison chief has cited that game in hand as the reason to suggest Liverpool still have the edge over the Toffees in the battle for the final Champions League qualifying spot.

But Benitez believes Moyes' point was intended to add extra pressure to Liverpool ahead of the game in hand.

When asked if Moyes' comments were just a bit of mind games, Benitez responded, "Yes."

He then admitted he believes the battle for fourth is now between Liverpool and Everton - although he insisted Aston Villa are not yet out of the running.

He added: "It seems like it (will be an all Merseyside affair) now, but Aston Villa also have a lot of confidence and Blackburn won the other day away from home. You never know, but maybe you can say that Liverpool, Everton and Aston Villa will be close.

"The derby at Anfield could be really important, but it depends on the other games before then. We'll have to wait and see the position both teams are in before the game but clearly it will be an important game."

Benitez added he doesn't expect Liverpool's European commitments to distract from the challenge of battling with Everton for fourth spot.

He added: "I have confidence. It's not easy when you play in the Champions League but we have some experience. We know we have to concentrate and be focused on every game, and see if we can progress in both competitions."

Link : http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/benitez-mind-games.html

I knew all alone it was a mind game from Moyes to put more pressure on Liverpool and Benitez, even himself think so.

But the fact he know so, it's still going to put alot of pressure on them, I looks forward to watching tomorrow match and I should be cheering on West Ham to get a result.

Link : http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/benitez-mind-games.html

I knew all alone it was a mind game from Moyes to put more pressure on Liverpool and Benitez, even himself think so.

But the fact he know so, it's still going to put alot of pressure on them, I looks forward to watching tomorrow match and I should be cheering on West Ham to get a result.

lfmao thoroughly enjoyed reading that. Moyes makes a statement that actually compliments liverpool football club, and Benitez's first reaction is essentially "DON'T LISTEN TO HIM ITS A TRICK, HE'S LYING WE ACTUALLY ARE WORSE THAN EVERTON AND BY THAT I MEAN WE'RE BETTER" poor old waiter's so stressed out he's got himself confused silly.

I just had a chuckle reading that one also. Very apt. moyes is using the famous ginger jedi mind tricks. He is young, but he will learn, (said in a smashed crappy yoda voice)

I don't know, thought it was also a "mind game," the point of the comment WAS to put pressure on liverpool and take it off ourselves.

Mind games? Rafael can talk after last seasons 0-0, calling us a "Small club"
At least Moyesy's mind games work unlike the fat waiters who just spurred us on to 4th in the table and a date in Florance on thur :)

Seeing as Liverpool have the better squad, better goal difference and should win tonight and, therefore, be fourth, it hardly seems like a 'mind game' to state the bleeding obvious.

Rafael is intensely paranoid. Not surprising really, seeing as everyone is out to get him! lol

Someones feeling the pressure! Maybe out and out mind games but its no bad thing to remind the RS that they are the one's under the most pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.