Mick Meagan RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My older brother stated he was at the game where Mick Meagan's career was ended as a Derby striker large in size as they went up in the air for the ball - Mick fell down prostrate the Derby guy crashed down onMicks back - he never played many games after that ironically sold in a part exchange deal to Hudlesfield with a certain Ray Wilson coming to us ...,..a great left back Mick RIP......

My older brother stated he was at the game where Mick Meagan's career was ended as a Derby striker large in size as they went up in the air for the ball - Mick fell down prostrate the Derby guy crashed down onMicks back - he never played many games after that ironically sold in a part exchange deal to Hudlesfield with a certain Ray Wilson coming to us ...,..a great left back Mick RIP......

He really was.

From that 62/63 side if i'm correct we've sadly now lost Gordon West, Brian Labone, Mick Meagan, Alex Parker, George Thomson, Billy Bingham, Brian Harris, Jimmy Gabriel, Dennis Stevens, Roy Vernon and Alex Young

Only Johnny Morrissey and Tony Kay left I think ?

Could be wrong
Derek Temple, Ray Veall

Last edited:

Sad to hear that, although 88 a good innings.

Saw Mark, his son, play for Rovers in the late 70s-early 80s.

Mick must be one of the last of the 40s-early 60s Irish contingent at GP.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.
My dad always used to talk about Mick and Peter Farrell, awful sad so many are passing lately :(

Generous to the last Mick.

Body donated to medical science.

The photo used in the RIP.ie notice is just lovely. BTW you can leave a message by clicking Condolences button.

Always an Evertonian. God Bless Mick.

No funeral for that great Irish Evertonian, Mick Meagan, as he generously donated his body to medical science at UCD. Instead, his friends & loved ones are having lunch in his honour today - so, wherever you are, raise a cup/glass to Mick at midday, if you get the chance -

1669984658677.png

No funeral for that great Irish Evertonian, Mick Meagan, as he generously donated his body to medical science at UCD. Instead, his friends & loved ones are having lunch in his honour today - so, wherever you are, raise a cup/glass to Mick at midday, if you get the chance -

View attachment 194272

Just seeing this Joey.

I will raise a glass to him later - driving duties in the meantime!!

Status
Not open for further replies.