Transfer Rumour Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linked with this bloke in 2014:

716D6677-653D-4591-942E-6FFB440B19AB.jpeg

Linked with him now:

2F5D1786-34E6-4ABE-ABE8-F70641E823A1.jpeg

Definitely take him. He's waaaaay better than Rondon.
So is my dad doesnt mean we should give him a 2 year deal hes worth at least 5 if rondon is the benchmark for a new striker,he's raring to go, he's 80 just had his knee replaced and is now more mobile than Rondon has ever been,

I don't think he'd be as bad a signing as some people think, certainly given our current restrictions he's probably one of the better players we could get on the cheap and he's an upgrade on Rondon (that's not saying much though) but like Barkley, all the noise appears to be coming from Chelsea's end so not sure there's anything in it.

Yeah his record in England is around 1 in 5 when you combine his Chelsea & Palace stats. At Beskitas last season he scored 14 goals in 33 appearances and he's scored 25 in 45 appearances for Belgium.

Those honestly aren't bad stats for what would be a number two striker at a low fee..
Most were pens at Besiktas

I looked at Wikipedia so mine may be wrong. Either way he is likely to be much cheaper than Broja and, similar to Gueye, would do as a stop-gap squad player.
Not convinced he wants to be a squad player at a significantly worse team to where he has been a squad player for what seems like a decade

I don't think he'd be as bad a signing as some people think, certainly given our current restrictions he's probably one of the better players we could get on the cheap and he's an upgrade on Rondon (that's not saying much though) but like Barkley, all the noise appears to be coming from Chelsea's end so not sure there's anything in it.
It’s a bit like Chelsea have looked at our history under Moshiri, enticed us in with Gallagher and now trying to off load all their deadwood

It’s a bit like Chelsea have looked at our history under Moshiri, enticed us in with Gallagher and now trying to off load all their deadwood
Agents too, just look at Delph. "are you on massive money at a top 6 club that no longer wants you? Do you need to find somewhere that will pick up your astronomical wages, offer long term security to you and your family and require very little in return? What you need is Everton Football Club"!

Not convinced he wants to be a squad player at a significantly worse team to where he has been a squad player for what seems like a decade

He was a squad player for palace. This is his level. I wouldn't be totally against this signing mind you. We need another body in that area of the pitch desperately and if we have exhausted other options and he's available for a reasonable fee it seems another sensible acquisition. Nothing exciting, but sensible. He's a big improvement on Rondon. I'm aware this isn't a high bar but still any signing that lowers rondon's game time is a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.