2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like he's that tall he can't run properly, except he's about five inches shorter and ten years younger than Peter Crouch who seems to be able to run just fine.

I think he still looks a little clumsy myself ( see Salahs 2nd goal yesterday for what I mean) but he looks streets ahead of this giraffe on ice.

Yeah he is a bit clumsy, but I like centre half’s in the mould of a Dave Watson. He puts himself on the line, Keane seems to turn his back a lot.

He's extremely good in a side looking to sit very deep and soak up pressure.

He's a huge liability in a side looking to improve, dominate territory and possssion, and dictate games.
Currently, yes. But he's never played consistently in a side which is more expansive. Is he allowed no time to acclimatise?

He's being pelters because he's looking exposed. Which he is. And he needs to do better when in those situations. But he also needs some time to learn a completely different way of playing.

We need to stick with him a while longer because of the money we payed for him but his standard performance level has been a major concern. He looks far slower than I thought he was as well.

I'm going to reserve final judgement on him though until he is part of what I'd consider to be a solid back four. He is playing as 1/4 of a truly shambolic defence which, if not for the goalkeeper, would have been embarrassed far more often than it already has been. Week after week his centre back partner is an utter carthorse (whether it be Jags or Williams), the less said about the left back the better and I believe Kenny is out of his depth.

I'd like to see how Keane operates alongside Coleman and a new left sided defender (just make it Holgate for the time being) and left back. If he is still not up to much after that then send him straight back to Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.