2017/18 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
The injury would explain why he looked like he was running in sand yesterday.And highlights how desperate Unsworth was to keep Williams out.

BBC Sport; Everton defender Michael Keane has been called into the England squad for the friendlies against Germany and Brazil.

Keane returned from a foot infection to play in the 3-2 win over Watford on Sunday and has been added after the withdrawal of midfielder Dele Alli.

BBC Sport; Everton defender Michael Keane has been called into the England squad for the friendlies against Germany and Brazil.

Keane returned from a foot infection to play in the 3-2 win over Watford on Sunday and has been added after the withdrawal of midfielder Dele Alli.
funny replacement for Alli that, you would have expected another midfielder to be chosen?

Maybe Dier into midfield cover with Keane as CB cover? But since when have England managers ever done anything that makes sense. How is Keane even getting a call up, he’s been garbage.

Just shows what a farce and waste of time these fixtures are, Spurs have got it sussed, Alli Kane, and Winks all pulled out but what's the bet they're all fit for Spurs' first fixture back?

TBH although it may be an honour to play for your country I would rather he was back at Everton trying to put things right whilst training with our squad, if he plays I don't thing the German and Brazilian forwards would do much for what must be fragile confidence at the moment.
He is a good player but our squad as a whole would be better building their confidence back together as a unit under Unsy than separately under numerous other coaches.
The International games left are just a hindrance to our club at this stage of the season and we can't afford the likes of Keane to pick up an injury.

TBH although it may be an honour to play for your country I would rather he was back at Everton trying to put things right whilst training with our squad, if he plays I don't thing the German and Brazilian forwards would do much for what must be fragile confidence at the moment.
He is a good player but our squad as a whole would be better building their confidence back together as a unit under Unsy than separately under numerous other coaches.
The International games left are just a hindrance to our club at this stage of the season and we can't afford the likes of Keane to pick up an injury.

I don't agree with it being and honour to be picked. It used to be, in the days when the best players got called up and you had to perform consistently well over a period of time just to earn a cap. Now it's a joke, friendliest where the whole team is changed at half time and players getting call ups before playing 10 top flight games.

I don't agree with it being and honour to be picked. It used to be, in the days when the best players got called up and you had to perform consistently well over a period of time just to earn a cap. Now it's a joke, friendliest where the whole team is changed at half time and players getting call ups before playing 10 top flight games.
Can you just calm down and treat that as an extended team building season for potential replacements?

A8MlFdk.jpg

He's a FIFA player :hayee:

A joke, mate, absolute joke. They should just choose the best players at that exact point in time and throw them on to the pitch in a 4-4-2 formation whether they gel as players or not. That’s the proud English tradition of winning football games

A joke, mate, absolute joke. They should just choose the best players at that exact point in time and throw them on to the pitch in a 4-4-2 formation whether they gel as players or not. That’s the proud English tradition of winning football games

Take it your taking the piss ... you really think that having a cap is an honour now?

Jeffers
Nugent
Gomez
Solanke
Livermore
Cleverley
Etc

Absolute nothing players ,all with England caps

Status
Not open for further replies.