2023/24 Michael Keane

southern-comfort-70cl-500x500.jpg

Think Keane would struggle in the champ, as Holgate has done. He’s too unsettling for the team and negatively affects every other Everton player on the pitch. Look at the uncharacteristic schoolboy mistakes that tarks and branthwaite were making yesterday. It’s the Keane effect.

Not good enough and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team.

If there are injuries play Godfrey or one of the cbs from the youth side.

Think Keane would struggle in the champ, as Holgate has done. He’s too unsettling for the team and negatively affects every other Everton player on the pitch. Look at the uncharacteristic schoolboy mistakes that tarks and branthwaite were making yesterday. It’s the Keane effect.

Not good enough and shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team.

If there are injuries play Godfrey or one of the cbs from the youth side.
Or just don’t go to 5 at the back. We had other options such as Harrison in the doucoure role etc.

This is it, Danjuma is not too bad with the ball, but he doesn’t go looking for it or fight for it, possibly he’ll go back to Spain in January and we can get a replacement, on loan, who will suit Dyche’s method of playing, we definitely need a couple of new players in to raise moral amongst the players a lot of whom look worn out at the moment.
I'd be surprised if Dyche/Thelwell we particularly willing to reduce squad numbers (possibly Dele aside), and we still have a couple of loan spaces available which I'm sure we'll look to use, so there's no harm in keeping Danjuma in the squad and having him as an option for 10-20 minute run outs when needed.

I'd be surprised if Dyche/Thelwell we particularly willing to reduce squad numbers (possibly Dele aside), and we still have a couple of loan spaces available which I'm sure we'll look to use, so there's no harm in keeping Danjuma in the squad and having him as an option for 10-20 minute run outs when needed.
I believe Danjuma cost a healthy loan fee, plus wages, a bit much for 10-20 minute run outs. Let’s hope Dyche / Thelwell can improve the squad this transfer window.

I believe Danjuma cost a healthy loan fee, plus wages, a bit much for 10-20 minute run outs. Let’s hope Dyche / Thelwell can improve the squad this transfer window.
I doubt Danjuma is breaking the bank by being here (could argue what's the point in paying Beto & Chermiti's costs when they don't get much game time either). TBF the finances are not Dyche's concern; some players he clearly just fancies others no so much. I'm sure we'll bring 1 or 2 in (maybe loans, maybe some Burnley-related donkey Dyche likes), would be surprised if there are any outgoings of players who typically make up the matchday squad. We shall see.

Keane needs a new challenge , will never get a chance here , but we need him as cover for the rest of the season
The guy is 30 years old picking up about £70,000 a week on a long term deal that will probably take him to testimonial territory if he see it out. He's probably very settled, lives a very comfortable life, and is quite happy to be a squad player in the knowledge the manager backs him. I doubt the last thing on earth he wants is a 'new challenge'.

Agreed he's not what we need but at least you can understand why we bought him. At the time he was a very good prospect with a decent pedigree. He should have been sold a few seasons ago
I will never ever understand why we dropped 30 million English pounds on this utter carthorse. For me, you are not a 'prospect' at 24 years old. The lad was OK-ish in a pretty garbage (or "functional-at-best") Burnley team - almost certainly because the bloke next to him made him look good.

I will forever be convinced one of the reasons we moved for him was because United were rumoured to be looking at him ahead of Lindelof when they were going through their little phase of re-signing ex players. "United are interested, so he must be good, let's get the deal done". The rest is history.

I will never ever understand why we dropped 30 million English pounds on this utter carthorse. For me, you are not a 'prospect' at 24 years old. The lad was OK-ish in a pretty garbage (or "functional-at-best") Burnley team - almost certainly because the bloke next to him made him look good.

I will forever be convinced one of the reasons we moved for him was because United were rumoured to be looking at him ahead of Lindelof when they were going through their little phase of re-signing ex players. "United are interested, so he must be good, let's get the deal done". The rest is history.
Mee was doing allhis work at Burnley at that time !,