2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
….yep, he’s a bit of a paradox but lots of footballers think they are better than what they are.
The thing is, professional footballers have spent their life being told how great they are.

Keane might not be good enough for us right now but you can best he was the best every year in school, then in his local team, then in his county team, then for whoever’s books he was on first, then he was in the Man U academy, then Burnley made sure to take him, then we paid almost 30m for him, then he gets called up and capped by his country… you can see how that builds an ego!

Can’t have a CB who’s a confidence player. Just doesn’t work in that area of the pitch.
Y'know I've a feeling if he was in a back line with Coady he'd probably be alright. Get the impression Coady would be talking him through games and keeping his head up. You could argue he shouldn't need that, but at some point this season he'll probably get game time if injuries and suspensions bite.

At the moment, it looks like we will want to sign Coady at the end of his loan. My point being that if we do sell Keane, his sale may well end up paying for Coady, in a way.

in an ideal world:
Bednarek (West Ham target) would have still gone to Villa

Dawson (from West Ham) would have gone to Wolves

West Ham would have been a CB short and come in for Keane

It looked a real possibility at one stage on Deadline Day

I think the manager will be very happy to keep Michael Keane in the squad.
He doesn't get injured often and can be very good at times just as he can be very poor at times.

I feel however that at this stage in his career Michael Keane may not fancy sitting on the bench in every game and when Godfrey and Holgate get back from injury that will probably be what will happen.

Would be looking to sell him in the summer alongside some other big earners who are getting on a bit, namely Allan and possibly even Doucoure if we can get a replacement in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.