2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably Tarkowski, Coady and Holgate. To be fair to both Keane and Holgate, they often look decent when they have quality, healthy mids playing in front of them, so long as they aren't occupying the pitch at the same time. It's usually when the midfield exposes them, or when they play 'left hand does not know what right hand is doing' that we get into trouble.
That would be my 3 based on who's available.

TBF I'd play Mykolenko at LCB before i played Keane.

I feel a bit sorry for him because he clearly gives everything when he plays but somethings just not right.

Better for everyone if he moves on.

…the link I read said it was a ‘loan’ request, maybe the club are only interested in a permanent deal.
I know myko and Seamus can cover but with permagrock Mina and Godfrey seemingly going the same way surely Keane would be a useful squad player if we play 5, especially if Coady can’t play in a back 4 as I keep reading. Maybe they think one of Mina and Godfrey should be fit at anyone time if not both?

I know myko and Seamus can cover but with permagrock Mina and Godfrey seemingly going the same way surely Keane would be a useful squad player if we play 5, especially if Coady can’t play in a back 4 as I keep reading. Maybe they think one of Mina and Godfrey should be fit at anyone time if not both?

….personally, I’d move Keane on at the first opportunity, not least to have much needed monies coming in.

i prefer Keane to Holgate in a conventional back four, but both are surplus to requirements in my opinion. Lampard’s preferred system appears to be 3 at the back, so Coleman and Mykolenko would be ahead of Keane in that pecking order. Indeed, Keane is probably 7th or 8th in line.

let’s not forget, Reece Welsh has been on the bench plenty so must be well thought of. He’s at a different level than Keane in respect of athleticism and physicality, perfect for Lampard’s tactics but he’s woefully inexperienced.

Last edited:
….personally, I’d move Keane on at the first opportunity, not least to have much needed monies coming in.

i prefer Keane to Holgate in a conventional back four, but both are surplus to requirements in my opinion. Lampard’s preferred system appears to be 3 at the back, so Coleman and Mykolenko would be ahead of Keane in that pecking order. Indeed, Keane is probably 7th or 8th in line.

let’s not forget, Reece Welsh has been on the bench plenty so must be well thought of. He’s at a different level than Keane in respect of athleticism and physicality, perfect for Lampard’s tactics but he’s woefully inexperienced.
I was wondering about the younguns, like you say he must have confidence in some and want to use it as a good opportunity to get rid of the dead wood. Of whom Keane certainly is!! And if he’s wanted then again like you say we should take the opportunity when it’s there.

I was wondering about the younguns, like you say he must have confidence in some and want to use it as a good opportunity to get rid of the dead wood. Of whom Keane certainly is!! And if he’s wanted then again like you say we should take the opportunity when it’s there.

…the likes of @blueloon is much more qualified than me to talk about Reece Welch, but he looked something special a couple of seasons ago when the youngsters won FA Youth Cup games against City and Chelsea. I was disappointed with him last season, he didn’t seem to talk to his partner and was given a bit of a runaround in the same competition.

Physically, he’s huge and he’s fast. Formiddable.

…the likes of @blueloon is much more qualified than me to talk about Reece Welch, but he looked something special a couple of seasons ago when the youngsters won FA Youth Cup games against City and Chelsea. I was disappointed with him last season, he didn’t seem to talk to his partner and was given a bit of a runaround in the same competition.

I like the look.of Campbell playing fullback at the moment , but has everything to be a really good centre half going forwards.
Think he is a centre back , they are just playing him in that position.
Bit in the mail saying West ham wanted Keane on loan I wouldn't loan him but would sell him in a heartbeat.

Use the money towards a decent forward.

For me the crux with Reece Welch is ….he’s only 18. He’s developing physically , training with the first team and I think both Tarkowski and Coady are great role models he can learn from . Branthwaite is 20 and deemed not ready, one of my favourite young CBs Marc Guehi is now starting to reach his potential at 22. Welch is right where I’d want him to be in terms of his development, I’d agree with you he’s a rather quiet centre back, I can see him progressing more this season ……with a loan out next season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.