2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
People scoff but I'd genuinely consider him as an emergency forward....
He's very good in the air and has shown he's a pretty decent finisher ...
He's not half bad with the ball at his feet and I'm pretty sure he can hold the ball up better than our Gallic vertically challenged forward
Also being the opposite end of the pitch means he's not likely to make any costly mistakes at the back...

People scoff but I'd genuinely consider him as an emergency forward....
He's very good in the air and has shown he's a pretty decent finisher ...
He's not half bad with the ball at his feet and I'm pretty sure he can hold the ball up better than our Gallic vertically challenged forward
Also being the opposite end of the pitch means he's not likely to make any costly mistakes at the back...
He's not a forward and it takes a lot more to being one than winning a few headers, and scoring the odd goal from a set piece scramble in the box
Can't turn or run fast enough
Would get caught offside loads
Last few minutes as an extra body up front if chasing a game but otherwise a bad idea imo

He's not a forward and it takes a lot more to being one than winning a few headers, and scoring the odd goal from a set piece scramble in the box
Can't turn or run fast enough
Would get caught offside loads
Last few minutes as an extra body up front if chasing a game but otherwise a bad idea imo
It’s the saddest state of affairs that I’m unsure if you are talking about maupay, simms or Keane here.

He's better than all 3 of our other CH's - just suffers from a chronic lack of confidence.
Never been convinced by Mina and he's way too fragile anyway. Coady just looks slow and seems to have lost his presence. I have hopes for Branthwaite but he's not an option currently.
Keane also brings a goal threat much more from any of them.
I may be suffering from revisionism and hagiography but he should be given a chance to redeem himself.
Sean knows him well - maybe try him next to Tarks. At least we'd have a height presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.