2022/23 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s going to start the season as 1st choice isn’t he? 😩

Yep.

If Braithwaite was seriously in consideration he'd be starting today and building understanding with Tarks.

Only optimism I can see is he'll get ripped apart by Villa forwards in second game so will hopefully be benched very quickly this season.

Think problem is while likes of him, Godfrey and Holgate are still on the books there's no room financially to get another CB in. Hopefully Holgate goes somewhere soon and so there might be space then to get in someone who can seriously challenge for a first team spot.

No one sane can argue the defensive options aren't massively weaker than four months ago as Mina and Coady were the backups then.

Yep.

If Braithwaite was seriously in consideration he'd be starting today and building understanding with Tarks.

Only optimism I can see is he'll get ripped apart by Villa forwards in second game so will hopefully be benched very quickly this season.

Think problem is while likes of him, Godfrey and Holgate are still on the books there's no room financially to get another CB in. Hopefully Holgate goes somewhere soon and so there might be space then to get in someone who can seriously challenge for a first team spot.

No one sane can argue the defensive options aren't massively weaker than four months ago as Mina and Coady were the backups then.
I don't think Keane starting today necessarily means he starts against Fulham. Branthwaite is just back and Dyche said he'd had a small issue, so a gradual introduction. Dyche won't be blind to the improvement second half, we'll see who starts next weekend. My money's on Jarrad.

I predict he will be directly at fault for at least 15 of our conceded goals this season, and I’m being kind.
Yes. He has a mistake per game in him. Plus his head goes when said mistakes are capitalised upon. Opposition staff know this and will ruthlessly exploit this. Again.

Bottom line is Branthwaite will want to start games from now on, if he doesn't he'll be angling for a move in no time and/or we devalue the player by not giving him minutes.

We've seen what a peak Keane can give us, now we need to see what Branthwaite can do.

He can't be trusted simple as
for one good game he will give you 5 bad that has been the story of his whole everton career

Status
Not open for further replies.