2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threatens to be a good player but has to many errors in his game to ever be reliable one of Rafael's lads so won't be out of the team anytime soon

He lacks pace and he panics too much but unfortunately they are important as a CB. In the right team he looks really good. He's another player like Gravesen when team plays well he's normal one if the better players but when team plays badly he absolutely stinks the place out and is usually the worst player on the pitch. He got off to a bad start with us has had a few decent spells but not enough to justify the fee.

Too slow on the turn and not brave enough to ever be a top centre half. Having said that, in a team playing with a low line he is a decent defender. He is also quite good with the ball at his feet, provided he is not under pressure.

baffling anyone that says he looks good with someone decent beside him and in front, he was punted from the england set up cos he also looked gash there despite playing with the best english players.
he might get a game for a few teams around the bottom of the premier league but thats it

baffling anyone that says he looks good with someone decent beside him and in front, he was punted from the england set up cos he also looked gash there despite playing with the best english players.
he might get a game for a few teams around the bottom of the premier league but thats it
Didn't he sign a new 5 year deal earlier this year??, should just offer 3 years instead of 5 year ones. No one gonna want to pay all that up

I like Ancelotti even in spite of what he did but he has left us in a few bad places. This extension Keane was ridiculous more so because the year earlier we did the same with Holgate. I would honestly accept any reasonable offer we got for him.

I like Ancelotti even in spite of what he did but he has left us in a few bad places. This extension Keane was ridiculous more so because the year earlier we did the same with Holgate. I would honestly accept any reasonable offer we got for him.
Our best CB pair is Mina and Keane, if he hadnt of got the extension we would of been needing a CB, on top of all the other spots we neeed to get players for, the extension at the time was as important as what an extension is now for Mina. Imagine if we sold him and we stuck with a choice between Godfrey and Holgate?

Our best CB pair is Mina and Keane, if he hadnt of got the extension we would of been needing a CB, on top of all the other spots we neeed to get players for, the extension at the time was as important as what an extension is now for Mina. Imagine if we sold him and we stuck with a choice between Godfrey and Holgate?

I would be happy with either Godfrey or Holgate alongside Mina. The problem we have is all 4 CBs are a similar level with Mina being slightly better. It's the 5 year part ao don't like. 3 plus 1 would have been sufficient. Playing Keane with Mina commits us to having to defend deep. A new left footed CB in place of Keane would have improved the squad.

Err we we still need a new CB though

I would be happy with either Godfrey or Holgate alongside Mina. The problem we have is all 4 CBs are a similar level with Mina being slightly better.
The problem we have is mina is 10x better than the other 3, the other 3 are a shambles if they aren't playing alongside mina, and mina misses the most games out of the 4

Status
Not open for further replies.