2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do feel a bit for Keane tbf. Yes he's an average CB but he never hides/fakes injury or has a pop at the fans.

He takes the abuse and comes back for more.
I’ve got a lot of time for him on a personal level.

I suspect he would like to be much more confident on the football pitch than he his, and wrestles with that in the face of a lot of vocal criticism.

And sadly, his effectiveness in purely football terms is undoubtedly harmed by that.

I suspect he would like to be much more confident on the football pitch than he his, and wrestles with that in the face of a lot of vocal criticism.

And sadly, his effectiveness in purely football terms is undoubtedly harmed by that.
We also don't play to his strengths - last year he was set up to succeed, but we now don't play that way and, to boot, he's made a lot of individual mistakes as well, sadly.

Keane would do well at a club like Brighton/Saints/Palace where the fans are largely mild.

The Goodison crowd is a tough gig for many players particularly those who are prone to making costly errors.

Keane would do well at a club like Brighton/Saints/Palace where the fans are largely mild.

The Goodison crowd is a tough gig for many players particularly those who are prone to making costly errors.
Yes that's his level. Bottom half Premier league. Trouble is we aspire to better. Seems a nice bloke but not in Minas class.

Yes that's his level. Bottom half Premier league. Trouble is we aspire to better. Seems a nice bloke but not in Minas class.
So he should be at home now then? lol

Also doesn't suit teams that try to play out and stuff, at least not by himself. Fairly sure he'd do better in a low block (again, like last year) or in a team where his involvement in the build up is limited, as it was for Burnley before us as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.