2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say it’s pretty unprecedented how wrong we’ve gotten it, United are probably the only other who come close
I've said it a few times: in the past five seasons, what percentage of our signings could be classed as even a reasonable success? <50%? <40%? <30%?

It could even be less. Anyway in terms of Keane, I can actually see him being okay the likes of West Ham under the stewardship of Moyes.

A deep line with no-nonsense defending is what he needs rather than asking him to play out and get turned, which gives him a nose bleed.

Meek, uninteresting, uninspiring with an absolute clanger in his back pocket…that’s a Moyes CB for sure
I’ve always been surprised that Ferguson didn’t see the obvious flaws in Michael’s game when he was coming through the ranks at United, these flaws haven’t just materialised they have always been there even when Everton were watching him with a view to bring him here, Alan Stubbs was slow, Davie Weir wasn’t the quickest but they could both read the game, ant the next move and could bring the ball out of defence with confidence and play with aggression and let the opposition know they were there, Michael has none of these abilities in his game but has made a fortune out of being a very average footballer, another poor player we have bought for ridiculous transfer fees and even more ridiculous wages!!

Don’t want to see him anywhere near the pitch today thanks. Don’t need divvys like him ducking with their eyes closed as his man Jota nods in the first set piece of the match.

I've said it a few times: in the past five seasons, what percentage of our signings could be classed as even a reasonable success? <50%? <40%? <30%?

It could even be less. Anyway in terms of Keane, I can actually see him being okay the likes of West Ham under the stewardship of Moyes.

A deep line with no-nonsense defending is what he needs rather than asking him to play out and get turned, which gives him a nose bleed.
I agree. He’ll leave for pennies and be reborn somewhere.
He isn’t a terrible player - just not been a good fit here. In fairness it could be said about 99% of signings since moyes left.

I agree. He’ll leave for pennies and be reborn somewhere.
He isn’t a terrible player - just not been a good fit here. In fairness it could be said about 99% of signings since moyes left.
If the ball went over his head at Burnley, it went to the keeper or into the stand. When you look at his success under Ancelotti, it was a similar scenario.

Right now, he looks atrocious because when the ball goes over his head there's a fair distance between the back line and Pickford - he's caught short.

Keane lacks the mobility to make it up, while highlighting his turning circle that's similar to that of a double decker bus. He looks at sixes and sevens.

Justifiably, many people will argue they're not qualities that a modern CB should have, however it's horses for courses as he'd likely fit into some teams' plans.

He currently doesn't fit in ours, which is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.