2020/21 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
....despite the glitch for the 2nd Spurs goal, I stand by my view that he’s our best aerial defender. The clearance from the 6 yard box that resulted in clash of heads was terrific.

I also stand by my opinion that he has too many physical and mental weaknesses so has to be protected whenever he plays.

I think he's been our best defender over the course of the season. Yes, Godfrey has had a great first season for us and I'm buzzing we've got him, but I think Keane has been a rock in most of the games he's played in and we missed him when he was out of the team.
I agree he’s been our best defender even though Godfrey is the most valuable asset and will be better eventually.

I think Keane suffers in fan opinion because he ‘used to be [Poor language removed]’. That first season when he was playing with an injury which we found out six months later he was awful.

All players have little spells of being out of form but when Keane and DCL do it people seem to write them off completely because they decided years ago they didn’t rate him.

Wait until Jordan Pickford has a poor game or makes a single mistake after being great this calendar year, he’ll be written off completely again too on here.

His passes out from defence, especially the long, laser-like ones which usually find their target, never cease to amaze me. This evening, he found digne out on the left with some wonderful passes.

His passes out from defence, especially the long, laser-like ones which usually find their target, never cease to amaze me. This evening, he found digne out on the left with some wonderful passes.
I’ve touched on this before, and if I recall, correctly, @Eggs used the following euphemism as a contradiction ‘we all see things differently’.

Fair play to the lad must be hard talking about this in public especially in his profession. I believe Gomes and Bernard have come out publicly and said similar things. Club is second to none for supporting its players shame about the on the pitch stuff.

....despite the glitch for the 2nd Spurs goal, I stand by my view that he’s our best aerial defender. The clearance from the 6 yard box that resulted in clash of heads was terrific.

I also stand by my opinion that he has too many physical and mental weaknesses so has to be protected whenever he plays.
I think that's why he's so far down the pecking order with England.

Not many ambitious teams are going to want to build around a basic head-the-ball defender.

More chance of Godfrey getting the call, I'd imagine.

Maguire looks done, Mings looked bad there, if so Micheal Keane fully deserves a call from Southgate

.....I thought Mings was terrific. Fast, strong, aggressive & competitive. I’d swap him for Keane in a heartbeat.

I think it would take injuries of epic proportion for Keane to get in the England squad, he’s not even the best English CB at Everton (although he is superior to Holgate).

Status
Not open for further replies.