2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if we bring someone in is he really going to be happy not even being on the bench most weeks? I mean he's not a regular as it is, if we bring in a good centre half in the summer he's basically relying on injuries to get a game. I absolutely hate him as a footballer but he won't be short of offers if it looks like he won't be getting a game here. We'd be incredibly stupid not to sell if there's teams looking at him for £20m+ in my opinion.

I think he will be rotated in a few games the end of this season which will probably be enough for him.

Plus IF we get Europe, reckon he will be our Europa CB, suppose it depends who offers what and whos available.

But if we bring someone in is he really going to be happy not even being on the bench most weeks? I mean he's not a regular as it is, if we bring in a good centre half in the summer he's basically relying on injuries to get a game. I absolutely hate him as a footballer but he won't be short of offers if it looks like he won't be getting a game here. We'd be incredibly stupid not to sell if there's teams looking at him for £20m+ in my opinion.
Exactly, if he does'nt get in the Euro's squad (if it even goes ahead that is) then surely he will want to work to get his place back next season and he is going to want to know what chance he has of playing next season in the first team rather than sitting on the bench. I would'nt be surprised if we get offers for him during the summer and like you say we would be daft to turn them down.

I think he will be rotated in a few games the end of this season which will probably be enough for him.

Plus IF we get Europe, reckon he will be our Europa CB, suppose it depends who offers what and whos available.
Yeah I agree that Europe changes it. If there's enough games to go round then he'll probably be content. If we don't qualify though, I just can't see why we would want him to stay or he would want to (assuming somebody better was coming in of course).

Indeed.

Without facing the wrath of the Anti-Branders, we struggled to bring in 1 CB last summer and people think we are gonna bring 2 in this summer?

Totally ignoring that we have Lewis Gibson and Brathiewaite boy or however you spell his name, who granted are probably a season or 3 off for now, but still.

Do you have a link to this?

Just think back to everytime ive agreed with you :)

Yeah I agree that Europe changes it. If there's enough games to go round then he'll probably be content. If we don't qualify though, I just can't see why we would want him to stay or he would want to (assuming somebody better was coming in of course).

We are also forgetting the Gmblammo factor, I mean first he needs to get fit of course, but I think hes able to play CB if im not mistaken?

But for now Keane is our back up CB, you would assume we buy another 1 this summer which puts him 4th choice, which for him isnt ideal, but for us thats probably just fine.

We are also forgetting the Gmblammo factor, I mean first he needs to get fit of course, but I think hes able to play CB if im not mistaken?

But for now Keane is our back up CB, you would assume we buy another 1 this summer which puts him 4th choice, which for him isnt ideal, but for us thats probably just fine.
Unless 4th choice is Lewis Gibson?

It's fine for us in the sense that (despite me hating him) he would be a more than capable 4th choice centre half. When there are FFP concerns though, it would seem an unnecessary extravagance to have a 4th choice centre half who's a 27 year old England international earning £50/60k a week and who could probably raise £20/25m in the current market. I would have thought we could sell him and adequately replace him with someone much, much cheaper in terms of both fee and wages. No idea on Gbamin. I mean I know he can theoretically play both midfield and centre half, but whether that's in the way that Desailly could play both roles, or the way that Yobo could, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.