2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane has no future here. Pretty certain of that. Maybe Burnley can take him back and hand us Tarkowski in a swap plus cash?

Coleman has underlined today he can be flexible for Ancelotti...as long as he has another RB in front of him.
Won’t comment on Tarkowski as I haven’t watched him play, but I will say the club should be very wary of taking any player from Burnley. They have an ultra defensive system, one that hides many weaknesses of players (as seen with Keane), but when they move to a club where much more is asked, where you don’t just launch the ball into row Z, and where you don’t have two banks of four playing deep to protect you, they generally fall short.

Dyche is working a miracle at Burnley. The football is horrible to watch, and god help anyone that pays to watch them, but to his credit in terms of talent they are bottom three every season. Greater than the sum of its parts is what they are. When you remove one of those parts, they can easily replace them as they aren’t stand out quality players.

lol lol lol

So you want our Chairman and owner to personally scout every player we sign?

Hindsight is wonderful.

But I recall not many were against this signing when it happened.
I hadn't seen much of Keane but as he had just broke into the England tram, was young and was getting rave reports at Burnley thought it was a really good signing. But had only really seen him in one game and that was when Lukaku turned him inside out to score at goodison. Danger signs were there.
Surely they must have watched him live s few times before signing him. His confidence was probably high then but surely they must have seen he had no pace. But plenty of these players have been signing by us and other clubs after showing something for a few months then they show how bad they really are. Keane had no confidence, no fight, no speed,. No real.gosl threat at corners. Hopefully our scouting has been sorted out

So you think we buy a player and before seeing them we know for certain they'll be a hit?

Buying a player should depend on a number of metrics and whether they fit in Everton's ethos. It is crazy to think buying players is a matter of whether they're internationals or not. There is too much lazy thinking from fans and board a like that splashing the cash will bring instant success.

Buying a player should depend on a number of metrics and whether they fit in Everton's ethos. It is crazy to think buying players is a matter of whether they're internationals or not. There is too much lazy thinking from fans and board a like that splashing the cash will bring instant success.

You think we signed Michael Keane because he played once for England???

Status
Not open for further replies.