2019/20 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keane was no worse than half a dozen others. I don't think there was any midfield playing in front of the defence.
But it will always be the same players that are scapegoated.

Whilst I agree with the general point about England, he doesn't seem to be able to react to the problems around him. When he first came here I thought he looked calm in possession, but I now think it was just a lack of awareness.

The worst centre half I have ever seen for Everton and England.

He has nil, I repeat none, zero attributes or talent to bring a team at prem or international level.
He was a central part of the 4th best defence in England last season, keeping 10 clean sheets in 13 games.

Unfortunately for him, as soon as his confidence goes he can’t perform to the very high standard he is capable of.

He isn’t the only defender guilty of this, Jagielka and Baines used to be awful for England. They suffer from Everton’s loser mentality which transfer onto the international stage. Very few of our players, even when good for the club, have been good for their country.

He had a poor game for England yesterday but was only one of many. Czech's were a far better side. Can't remember when I saw a game where so many passes went to the opposition.

I've just accepted now that he's another in a long line of poor players for whom circumstances will conspire to ensure they get ten years at Everton.

Whether it's a clean slate from a new manager, a more pressing priority to spend money on other ares of the pitch or a failure to recruit a suitable replacement, he will somehow, some way keep signing extensions until the fans simply give up and learn to ignore him, like we ended up doing with Neville, Howard and Hibbert.

He was a central part of the 4th best defence in England last season, keeping 10 clean sheets in 13 games.

Unfortunately for him, as soon as his confidence goes he can’t perform to the very high standard he is capable of.

He isn’t the only defender guilty of this, Jagielka and Baines used to be awful for England. They suffer from Everton’s loser mentality which transfer onto the international stage. Very few of our players, even when good for the club, have been good for their country.
The 4th best defense means nothing if you played like a pub player for 1 half of the season. The guy isnt premiership quality and playing for England is a big laugh!

The 4th best defense means nothing if you played like a pub player for 1 half of the season. The guy isnt premiership quality and playing for England is a big laugh!

Thought that both CD looked terrible, there again just about every player did.

....i don’t want to kick a lad when he’s down, I say my bit even when he’s doing ok so folk know my view.

Regardless of his lack of quality and physicality, I see a real lack of competitiveness. He can be bullied and he can sulk. He won’t fight back, he doesn’t play with an edge to his game. It’s really important for a defender, it’s vital for a CB.

Somebody mentioned earlier about him being a CB in a team that needs to defend deep, yep we brought him into a team that wants to push up. Steve Walsh didn’t have a transfer strategy, he didn’t buy players to fit a system, he just bought players.

I wouldn’t mind so much if Keane was competitive but he doesn’t play like the game matters. John Hurst didn’t get an England cap, how standards have fallen.

....i don’t want to kick a lad when he’s down, I say my bit even when he’s doing ok so folk know my view.

Regardless of his lack of quality and physicality, I see a real lack of competitiveness. He can be bullied and he can sulk. He won’t fight back, he doesn’t play with an edge to his game. It’s really important for a defender, it’s vital for a CB.

Somebody mentioned earlier about him being a CB in a team that needs to defend deep, yep we brought him into a team that wants to push up. Steve Walsh didn’t have a transfer strategy, he didn’t buy players to fit a system, he just bought players.

I wouldn’t mind so much if Keane was competitive but he doesn’t play like the game matters. John Hurst didn’t get an England cap, how standards have fallen.

and he will HAVE to play the majority of our games as we only have 2 proven senior centre backs

thanks Marcel. great work

its quite obv Keane needs a break and taking out the team .. but no, he has to play

Status
Not open for further replies.