2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the remark I made referred to last nights game,yes he has improved,but it's been a team effort in the games you mentioned.As I said before,he's OK in the type of games and opposition that suit him.If you're happy with OK that's fine.
Are you some sort of Davek multi?

Mate, it's the way you say anything to circumvent the fact that Keane is playing very well. Davek levels of waffle.
He's playing well compared to his earlier performances. If you see him as good enough to help take the defense to where it'll need to be for us to crack the top six.On you go.

Part of defence that's one of the strongest in the league and has kept 8 clean sheets in 10, what more does he have to do?
I remember Evans being part of a United defence that wouldn't concede a goal for the longest of time alongside Vidic, didn't make me believe he was top class. Didn't make anyone believe that. Let's pray Chelsea are idiotic and give us that one man wall called Zouma, anyone would look good next to him on current form.

Zouma's had a lot of credit and rightly so.. but Keane has been just as good.

He seems to have a mistake in him but for a while they've both been flawless and you have to hope that we keep the partnership together for next season. Keane, Zouma and Mina as the three main CB options would be brilliant.

A while ago I posted that one of our best bits of business was getting him playing well again. He went from a £25m buy to being worthless - would anyone have bought him last summer on the form he was on?

He's now easily a £25m player once again so it feels like we're that much better off.

I remember Evans being part of a United defence that wouldn't concede a goal for the longest of time alongside Vidic, didn't make me believe he was top class. Didn't make anyone believe that. Let's pray Chelsea are idiotic and give us that one man wall called Zouma, anyone would look good next to him on current form.
Don't be silly, we played Chelsea twice, when Zouma couldn't play, and kept two clean sheets.
To try to say anything other then Keane has been fantastic this season is crazy.

He's playing well compared to his earlier performances. If you see him as good enough to help take the defense to where it'll need to be for us to crack the top six.On you go.

Have to agree. Definitely improved but i worry about his upper body strength. Seems to get muscled out of situations quite regularly.

No matter what, we need a top class centre half for next season.

Have to agree. Definitely improved but i worry about his upper body strength. Seems to get muscled out of situations quite regularly.

He'll always be a decent squad player and given the way the markets gone,he's decent value today,but his reading of the game and physical limitations will always stop him being a top 4/6 player.

Plus he struggles massively when faced with a pacy striker, who plays off the shoulder - the rat Vardy springs to mind.

If Zouma goes back to Chelsea we 100% need another centre half.

I hadn't realised Chris Wood was in the running for player of the month but Vardy beat him to it. So going into the game v Burnley, like it or not Wood was an in-form striker. Barnes was playing with a lot of confidence too. Keane played his part in keeping them both from giving the keep much trouble at all. For me it is like seeing Keown all over; shaky start but class shows through over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.