2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
His push on the lad tonight was a rush of blood, and, even though it was probably just outside the area it could well have been given as a pen. Having said that I thought he, once again, had a very good game, he is calm on the ball and is a much better passer of a football than he looked last season. Provided he has an aggressive fast partner, a la Zouma, he is a very good defender.

does it matter which order I say it in, funny coming from you who slates Richarlison when bangs them in
If he played bad I said,if good I said that too!
Funnily, he had two shots tonight both off target but one deflected in, chose not to highlight the negs.

The sort of defender I don't like. He's the sort that backs off and let's the other defender deal with everything. Backs of from attackers instead of challenging them. Slow on the turn and even slower on the cover. I'd honestly sell him.
Part of defence that's one of the strongest in the league and has kept 8 clean sheets in 10, what more does he have to do?

lol lol one f the worst posts I have ever seen on this whole forum, even from lurking RS
Nearly gives away a needless penalty,because somebody actually runs at him,looks OK against attackers with their back to goal and when he has time,but when pressured have a look at him carefully, he looks like a lost child.Take the last England game,two strikers split their runs Keane has no idea who to go with and ends up flat footed,luckily for him the attack breaks down with a miss directed pass.If you can't see it...

Only negs?
Had a great game, EVERY player has one bad decision a game, sad to highlight it though
The top players don't,if we are happy with second best,that's what we will always be.Burnley were poor,or didn't you notice?

Nearly gives away a needless penalty,because somebody actually runs at him,looks OK against attackers with their back to goal and when he has time,but when pressured have a look at him carefully, he looks like a lost child.Take the last England game,two strikers split their runs Keane has no idea who to go with and ends up flat footed,luckily for him the attack breaks down with a miss directed pass.If you can't see it...

In fairness to him he has improved measurably, whether it`s down to coaching, confidence, developing a proper understanding with a regular partner ( Zouma ) or all three.

He still scares the life out of me when he`s got a striker with pace running at him.

In fairness to him he has improved measurably, whether it`s down to coaching, confidence, developing a proper understanding with a regular partner ( Zouma ) or all three.

He still scares the life out of me when he`s got a striker with pace running at him.
He has improved,as has the defense in general,it's a pity really he has all the physical attributes to be a top class CB,when not closed down he brings the ball out well and can pick a pass,but as you say when he gets in an exposed position and somebody makes a run at him or stands at his shoulder and turns him,bad things can happen.He's still young for a CB and maybe more coaching and experience can iron out his faults.Hope so,but somehow doubt it.

I think his strengths far outweigh his obvious weakness,lack of speed. He has shown this season that he is a very good centre half and works well in a partnership with a speedy centre half. All teams need that sort of partnership. In a defence you must have balance and players that compliment each other. 8 clean sheets in recent games is surely proof that he is a key player in our team.

Its a shame Mina has been out so much and its a shame £50mil isnt really going to come from Spurs or Arsenal for him.

Massively improved but a major worry facing pace.

Yeh, OK, one of the best defences in the prem since he has played with a settled CB but yeh, obvs crap.
Why highlight the one thing he did bad and not the 89 minutes where he was very good?
Everton that!

He has greatly improved over the last year. He looks like the player, we thought we'd be getting. Just hope the Mina can get fit and stay fit and we can keep Zouma. We have 3 decent centre backs.

Yeh, OK, one of the best defences in the prem since he has played with a settled CB but yeh, obvs crap.
Why highlight the one thing he did bad and not the 89 minutes where he was very good?
Everton that!
Think you'll find the upturn in results has been more down to the fact we have started to defend as a team,the pressing from the forward players could even be seen as making the biggest difference.

And Arseanl, The RS,Chelsea, and Man UTD?
I think the remark I made referred to last nights game,yes he has improved,but it's been a team effort in the games you mentioned.As I said before,he's OK in the type of games and opposition that suit him.If you're happy with OK that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.