2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has being a Manchester United youth player of the year got to do with anything lol

I'm afraid I think what you've said here is complete rubbish. Van Dijk is extremely good and we can only hope Barca or Real come in for him.

I hope City buy him to replace Kompany.

That would really really upset them and put them in their place too.

Let’s face it, he’ll go to whoever pays the most.

Erm, if you read my posting history you’ll see that I certainly don’t go with the grain when it comes to VVD. He’s an average player in my book: not bad, but certainly not worth £75 million. What is it, a two-goal tally so far ( and like it or not, that lot paid over the odds that thinking he was going to chip in with a few goals each season)?

And defensively, he’s not that sound: despite the plaudits he still manages to misjudge the flight of the ball, misdirects his headers (not high and wide) and I’m still not convinced about this alleged blistering pace of his (during his Southampton day’s, he resorted to manhandling players to the ground on realising they’d pushed the ball past him, and annoyingly seemed to get away with it). Now that he’s surrounded by better players (as Souness kept reminding us all today), he’s not as vulnerable so fewer opportunities to look the cart-horse.

Add to that, Michael Keane has a better pedigree: a former Manure young player of the year, no less.
I despise liverpool but VVD is a world class centre back, by far the best defender in the league so far this season and he looks a snip at the moment at 75million.

On topic Keane was solid today, he does brainfart a fair bit but recovered well. That tackle on Salah was class, he will have felt that the little swine. Dont really understand how Keane is getting stick today out of the two centre backs he was far better than zouma. I like Keane but going forward think hes too limited imo, hes slow off the mark and turns like a submarine. Unless we are going to always sit deep with the back line then we will always be exposed to any sort of pace or stirkers playing on the shoulder. He would be a good squad player for a top 4 team but certainly wouldn't start for any of the top 6.

What has being a Manchester United youth player of the year got to do with anything lol

I'm afraid I think what you've said here is complete rubbish. Van Dijk is extremely good and we can only hope Barca or Real come in for him.

Yeah, and that Class of ‘92 was nothing to write home about either was it?

Compare that to VVDs meteoric rise to fame from....wherever it was...via the footballing outposts of Celtic and Saints.

Stark, or what? But I think you already know that.

Keane seems prone to a mistake at any moment and his lack of pace is always at risk of being exposed. Thought he did one or two worrying things yesterday - some poor passing and my heart was in my mouth with that backwards header in the first half to Pickford with Mane lurking.

That said, his saving block tackle was unbelievable, especially when you consider it was Salah through on goal, and I can't fault him for effort. On the balance of things, have to credit him for an excellent defensive display yesterday.

Played really well yesterday - that tackle!!!
Agree with other posters, hate to say it but VVD is a very good player. Hopefully a big team come in for him

Status
Not open for further replies.