2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has the worst positional sense of any centre half I’ve ever seen. First half he allowed a ball to bounce, then jumped early for the 2nd bounce. Never seen a centre half do that. Another occasion he headed it half backwards, straight into Salah.

Physically he’s an utter fanny.

If we start next season with him in the side, we’re doomed to another disappointment. He’s utter gash.

A little unfair, mate. This lad cracked his skull defending for us.

I’m sorry like but anyone who’s trying to put a downer on the fact he had a good game today must be the type of person to put milk in their tea before the water.

Yes he’s prone to the odd brain fart. But he recovered well today. Helped by Salahs poor touches like. But he still needed to be there to intercept and put the tackle in.

A little unfair, mate. This lad cracked his skull defending for us.

Compare him to Van Dyke (obviously, you can’t), apparently nobody has dribbled past VD this season. Strikers breeze past Keane. He has no aggression or physicality about him at all. He’s way off the level we need.

He has the worst positional sense of any centre half I’ve ever seen. First half he allowed a ball to bounce, then jumped early for the 2nd bounce. Never seen a centre half do that. Another occasion he headed it half backwards, straight into Salah.

Physically he’s an utter fanny.

If we start next season with him in the side, we’re doomed to another disappointment. He’s utter gash.

Why are you describing Kurt Zouma in depth in the Michael Keane thread?

Compare him to Van Dyke (obviously, you can’t), apparently nobody has dribbled past VD this season. Strikers breeze past Keane. He has no aggression or physicality about him at all. He’s way off the level we need.

Erm, if you read my posting history you’ll see that I certainly don’t go with the grain when it comes to VVD. He’s an average player in my book: not bad, but certainly not worth £75 million. What is it, a two-goal tally so far ( and like it or not, that lot paid over the odds that thinking he was going to chip in with a few goals each season)?

And defensively, he’s not that sound: despite the plaudits he still manages to misjudge the flight of the ball, misdirects his headers (not high and wide) and I’m still not convinced about this alleged blistering pace of his (during his Southampton day’s, he resorted to manhandling players to the ground on realising they’d pushed the ball past him, and annoyingly seemed to get away with it). Now that he’s surrounded by better players (as Souness kept reminding us all today), he’s not as vulnerable so fewer opportunities to look the cart-horse.

Add to that, Michael Keane has a better pedigree: a former Manure young player of the year, no less.

Erm, if you read my posting history you’ll see that I certainly don’t go with the grain when it comes to VVD. He’s an average player in my book: not bad, but certainly not worth £75 million. What is it, a two-goal tally so far ( and like it or not, that lot paid over the odds that thinking he was going to chip in with a few goals each season)?

And defensively, he’s not that sound: despite the plaudits he still manages to misjudge the flight of the ball, misdirects his headers (not high and wide) and I’m still not convinced about this alleged blistering pace of his (during his Southampton day’s, he resorted to manhandling players to the ground on realising they’d pushed the ball past him, and annoyingly seemed to get away with it). Now that he’s surrounded by better players (as Souness kept reminding us all today), he’s not as vulnerable so fewer opportunities to look the cart-horse.

Add to that, Michael Keane has a better pedigree: a former Manure young player of the year, no less.
Hate to say it but he is excellent. He has improved Liverpool no end. Without much fuss his positioning today stopped a lot of our attacks. Credit where it is due.

Superb again. He can't be far away from being our player of the year. Sig and richarlison have scored goals yeah, but this guy and gana have both consistently outperformed everyone else

Arguably his best game for us today. Can’t understand the negativity. He’s a confidence player and he’ll be taking a lot of heart from this week.

Hate to say it but he is excellent. He has improved Liverpool no end. Without much fuss his positioning today stopped a lot of our attacks. Credit where it is due.

I take your point, but I beg to differ over the significance of the difference he’s made. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that Robertson has made a real impact with his pace and foresight, and one of those who regularly provides an exit for VVD when working it out from the back (albeit crabwise). Would be an interesting experiment to stick him in our side for a spell to test out all these pundit plaudits without the presence of Fabinho, Wijnaldum and co.

Bang average, I’m afraid.

Are you on crack?

What has being a Manchester United youth player of the year got to do with anything lol

I'm afraid I think what you've said here is complete rubbish. Van Dijk is extremely good and we can only hope Barca or Real come in for him.

I take your point, but I beg to differ over the significance of the difference he’s made. In fact, I’d go so far as to say that Robertson has made a real impact with his pace and foresight, and one of those who regularly provides an exit for VVD when working it out from the back (albeit crabwise). Would be an interesting experiment to stick him in our side for a spell to test out all these pundit plaudits without the presence of Fabinho, Wijnaldum and co.

Bang average, I’m afraid.
To play in this league you need talent. A big part of the managers art is getting the right blend. However it works for them it does. Also he gained his reputation before they signed him. Anyway he does not play for us so not that important :)

Status
Not open for further replies.