2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve been reading this forum for a while, and I have to say you lot are mental.

Look at the pressure on the crosser. Or absolute lack of it.

Look at the quality of the ball. It’s a good one.

The movement of the striker. Pretty good.

Holgate’s position. Not great, Keane has to watch the man running off Holgate too.

Where’s the shout or tucking in from his left back?

You lot have it in for Keane. Absolute nonsense.

Absolutely perfect explanation. He did great after Jags got sent off. He had to track 2 men. Seamus didn’t get out and Keane undone by a great ball while tracking 2 players.

I am all for criticizing him and recognizing he hasn’t been great but come on. Jags inability to handle a school yard pass + a crap ref is the reason we dropped points.

He should have won that header, got caught flat footed. That said he blocked a few decently and stepped up notably when Holgate replaced Jagielka, so he had someone a bit more agile alongside him.

His distribution is woeful. There was one where he had 20 seconds on the ball and just booted it out for a throw and got saved from looking stupid because of a foul on Richarlison. Loads of opportunities to take a ball down but instead just aimlessly headed it and gave away possession cheaply.

He was OK. Not good; OK. He still needs bombing out that starting eleven if at all possible at the earliest opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.