2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did well opposite Holgate

Anyone who’s says anything different doesn’t understand how to play football and therefore doesn’t have a worthwhile opinion

People will say he lost his man for the goal - and a 6ft 5” Mina might have headed it away - but sometimes you just have to say it was a great cross

Unless you have an agenda against one of your own players.

In which case you are more harmful to the club that Keane ever will be

I'm really hoping Keane will come through with a more athletic partner but it was his mistake for the goal, it was a good cross but he lost track of his man, tried to jump the ball and got caught under it. He'd been having a good game up until then.

For once I’ll defend him here, although he could have done better. There was absolutely no pressure on the ball when it was crossed meaning Neves had all the time in the world to play it at the right moment.

Great post. Some of our fans are toxic, never played football in their sad little lives. He was great today, as you say got done by great cross with no pressure on the ball. He showed real leadership today. Sad there's a minority ready to hound him out of the club.

I’ve been reading this forum for a while, and I have to
say you lot are mental.

Look at the pressure on the crosser. Or absolute lack of it.

Look at the quality of the ball. It’s a good one.

The movement of the striker. Pretty good.

Holgate’s position. Not great, Keane has to watch the man running off Holgate too.

Where’s the shout or tucking in from his left back?

You lot have it in for Keane. Absolute nonsense.

Won every ball, including getting forwards for corners, and made one or two vital blocks too. Guilty of ball watching for their second but you can’t win them all. A flashback to his Burnley days. One of our best today.

He's a good defender until he isn't.

It's the same every game. It's frustrating to watch, he looks assured, puts in some good tackles, looks dangerous in the opposition box and then......

giphy.gif

Backs against the wall defending suits him. I thought he played well. That said I’d hope we don’t find ourselves in that position too often, making other choices preferable.

His best game for us today I thought, especially in the second half.

I do fear for him though, you'd think Silva would be looking at a back three of Zouma - Mina - Holgate when they are all fit and he would have to work really hard to break into that.

I’ve been reading this forum for a while, and I have to say you lot are mental.

Look at the pressure on the crosser. Or absolute lack of it.

Look at the quality of the ball. It’s a good one.

The movement of the striker. Pretty good.

Holgate’s position. Not great, Keane has to watch the man running off Holgate too.

Where’s the shout or tucking in from his left back?

You lot have it in for Keane. Absolute nonsense.

Exactly this.

Nothing said of the lack of pressure on the ball because it was Coleman.

Too many have ingrained opinions on here who'd benefit from sometimes being a little more open minded instead of being almost desperate to stick a knife in.

Exactly this.

Nothing said of the lack of pressure on the ball because it was Coleman.

Too many have ingrained opinions on here who'd benefit from sometimes being a little more open minded instead of being almost desperate to stick a knife in.
There were a few mistakes, no pressure on the ball and Holgate in no-man's land but if the player in front of Keane had scored it would have been Holgate's error, as it was it was Keane's man who ran off the back of him.

The other thing that jumped out at me too.

He was playing left sided centre-half looking at the goal. He didn’t for Burnley, he played right side.

That makes a massive difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.