2018/19 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel sorry for Keane.

He started pretty solid last season and then got that foot injury and then had to come back into a team in bad form and now he’s been playing a lot better and gets this injury.

Back-to-back home games against Huddersfield and West Ham could’ve been a perfect opportunity to get some clean sheets under his belt.

Hope he’s ok, he’s been solid this season and suspect he’d of maintained his place but for this injury. Most importantly though hope there’s no lasting damage, just a game after all.

Silva said in his after match interview

"Firstly and most importantly, he went to the hospital and I don't have more information about the situation yet."

“In the moment he went to the hospital he looked in a bit better condition. I hope everything is ok, but now we wait.”

Presumably he will be having brain scans and wait for the results to be processed and analysed - I would assume that even if rushed through it takes some time before they're certain there's no lasting damage.

May need more checks after a nights sleep - very much depends

It is a little surprising we have not heard anything at this point. he has a concussion and further tests are being run etc etc. I'm not an alarmist but five or six hours after the fact and there has been no type of post on social media from a player who has been there or anyting from the club .... basically nothing more that what we were able to witness, is little surprising.

Silva said in his after match interview

"Firstly and most importantly, he went to the hospital and I don't have more information about the situation yet."

“In the moment he went to the hospital he looked in a bit better condition. I hope everything is ok, but now we wait.”

Presumably he will be having brain scans and wait for the results to be processed and analysed - I would assume that even if rushed through it takes some time before they're certain there's no lasting damage.

May need more checks after a nights sleep - very much depends
Have to admit I’d feel a hell of a lot better if Everton put out a statement saying something like that rather than this radio silence.

Not necessarily, iirc there were no public updates on Ryan Mason the night of his injury.

The privacy issue is a fair one although that does seem to be waived by clubs issuing statements when their players are OK.
True, we will see.

From someone that’s fairly au fait with concussions didn’t seem to be any massive head trauma in the collision, it’s been the second impact that’s koed him and is the worry. Saving grace for me is those types of injuries happen weekly in rugby and lads can be back within a week. Prayers are with him though this evening.

True, didn’t seem to be any massive head trauma in the collision, it’s been the second impact that’s koed him and is the worry. Saving grace for me is those types of injuries happen weekly in rugby and lads can be back within a week. Prayers are with him though this evening.
Just checked back and I was wrong, there was a late statement by Hull that night but only after the Mirror had broke the news.
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/ryan-mason.94158/

I’m just a natural worrier in these situations until they give the all clear :(

He’s had a head injury. Concussion doesn’t show anything abnormal on a brain scan. They need to see how he is in time. Scan rules out things like skull fracture and any bleeding.

Yes the scans are part of a process that has to be gone through, once any serious damage is ruled out then a measured time of rest and recuperation is undertaken, there are now very set guidelines to follow for all head injuries.

All major sports now have concussion protocols laid down

Status
Not open for further replies.