Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

1966efc

Player Valuation: £20m
One of the greatest regrets of my life is that, at the time, my family didn't have the dosh to afford a camera let alone a Filuming Tingy, to record what Bally did for this great club.

I want to urge you to record some memories for your grandchildren of a bloke (hold your breath. Suspend your cynicism) of a chap who may well become the greatest post war centre half the club has had. And a chap who looks as though at the age of 20 who might just - at a squeeze - out Moore Bobby Moore.

Mods might move this to another thread ( no probs if you do) BUT tonight's display from this bloke has an old man who has seen them all feeling like a 16 year old kid in the presence of utter greatness.

Watch him. Let the memories seep into the deepest part of your brain. And one day you'll be able to say at a family Christmas dinner, "Yeah. Wasn't around for Pele or Bally or Bobby Moore. But I had the great privilege of watching John Stones."

One of the greatest regrets of my life is that, at the time, my family didn't have the dosh to afford a camera let alone a Filuming Tingy, to record what Bally did for this great club.

I want to urge you to record some memories for your grandchildren of a bloke (hold your breath. Suspend your cynicism) of a chap who may well become the greatest post war centre half the club has had. And a chap who looks as though at the age of 20 who might just - at a squeeze - out Moore Bobby Moore.

Mods might move this to another thread ( no probs if you do) BUT tonight's display from this bloke has an old man who has seen them all feeling like a 16 year old kid in the presence of utter greatness.

Watch him. Let the memories seep into the deepest part of your brain. And one day you'll be able to say at a family Christmas dinner, "Yeah. Wasn't around for Pele or Bally or Bobby Moore. But I had the great privilege of watching John Stones."
Well said mate, hes got the ability to go as go as he wants

Well said, he is someone we must treasure for the coming years. It's hard for kids to get excited by a defender but this guy could be a special Everton player

This lad oozes class. He has and will make the odd mistake, but they are already few and far between. His composure is head and shoulders above those around him. Like Ratters, I see this young man being a great young captain.

Thought you were gonna start belting out Streisand "memories like the corners of my mind" but with how we are taking corners atm, I was intending on avoiding it. As its about the masterpiece marvel at CB though, its all good.

Thing is - and I'm really sorry to bore the arses off yous - I used to come home raving about the boy Bally and me da said to me, "Keep your memories, son. It won't last for ever." This was a bloke who spent EVERY single breakfast telling me that no matter who had done what for Everton, "They'll never be as good as Dixie, lad".

Cherish the moment and store it so that you can tell some nine year old lad (hopefully your grandson) at your Christmas table, I SAW HIM PLAY.

Thing is - and I'm really sorry to bore the arses off yous - I used to come home raving about the boy Bally and me da said to me, "Keep your memories, son. It won't last for ever." This was a bloke who spent EVERY single breakfast telling me that no matter who had done what for Everton, "They'll never be as good as Dixie, lad".

Cherish the moment and store it so that you can tell some nine year old lad (hopefully your grandson) at your Christmas table, I SAW HIM PLAY.
He's got a touch of Moore/Beckenbauer and dare I say it Hansen(washes mouth out!),how many centre backs can you say you'd pay to go and watch?He's that good.

I'll be honest, he scares me the way he comes out with the ball sometimes. Keep thinking he'll do a 'Distin' and gift a goal, but he doesn't.

Not used to it in an English centre half.

He reminds me of Woodgate, who I thought was pure class until his body disintegrated.

At one point he was up for a corner or free and seemed like he was encouraging Eto'o!! "Go for it Eto'o lad, you can do it!"

He's got a touch of Moore/Beckenbauer and dare I say it Hansen(washes mouth out!),how many centre backs can you say you'd pay to go and watch?He's that good.

you said it before me, if you can exclude fro your mind, his RSedness and his being a bell on MotD and his glass knees as he grew older, oh and his nailed on handball/pen in the league cup final and maybe some other stuff I can't just think of at the mo... apart from all that he was a class act at CH
Stones can be better

Already England's best centre half and seems to be getting better with every game. How long have we got him signed up for because the offers are gonna start coming in very very soon

Fully agree.

Stones has been under the radar in many ways. He just gets on. It's a quiet confidence and composure that allows him to just make the right decisions and do the right things at the right time.

No fuss. No glitz. No frills.

Just a simple, born workhorse. I can only see him getting better. I only hope his career lies with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.