Mbia deal off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yakubu played 2 games for boro before we bought him. This means nothing.

But you are probably right.

I suspected as much to be honest. In saying that, this could be Rennes' last ditch attempt to play hardball. Show the "world" that he's still in their plans and get Everton to offer the £8m that they want.

Do you think we've lied to?

I don't know Cal. I think we had a go on this one but, as usual, our valuation fell short of Rennes'.

Hence the fact it was never on. Mbia and Moutinho both came out and said they wanted to join us, what did we do, offer them a can of coke and a packet of cheese and onion, we couldnt even stretch to a lion bar.

Get your facts right before criticising the club. We offered good money for M'Bia - about £9m on our last bid, which is probably more than he's worth. Even Rennes described our offer as 'very attractive'. The deal didn't come off because Rennes were determined to keep the player. Simple as that. After they turned us down in that fashion earlier in the week, there was no way we were going to do a deal for him this weekend.

Get your facts right before criticising the club. We offered good money for M'Bia - about £9m on our last bid, which is probably more than he's worth. Even Rennes described our offer as 'very attractive'. The deal didn't come off because Rennes were determined to keep the player. Simple as that. After they turned us down in that fashion earlier in the week, there was no way we were going to do a deal for him this weekend.

Yea we bid good money near the end of the transfer window, just after the whole world had been told that we are desperate for players, im 99% sure if we bid high in the 1st place they would have sold and had time to replace him.

Hence the fact it was never on. Mbia and Moutinho both came out and said they wanted to join us, what did we do, offer them a can of coke and a packet of cheese and onion, we couldnt even stretch to a lion bar.

I think both deals are different. Rennes didn't want to sell full stop. Like Real Madrid, with Robinho, they dug their heels in and refused to deal.

With Sporting the situation is slightly different. They want to deal, like Tottenham and Manure, but the valuation is different. My personal view is that you accept the price on the counter, then negotiate you are going to pay for it (which is what they might be doing right now).

I think that Everton have made some fatal errors in both transfers, and the team, and fans will pay for them. Its going to be a hot EGM when it takes place.

To be honest, if we'd been snappy we could have had him for far less at the beginning of the summer anyway, once we dallied, the price went up and that creek was hard to navigate without a paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.