Homepage Update: Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Wembley / new Atletico style ground with a shallow and deep lower tier sounds like it's on the cards here, as that's surely the only way you'd be able to fit a platform of a tracks dimensions into the ground?

If the council hadn't helped us secure the land on a prestigious location we'd probably be building a stadium on scrubland on the outskirts of the city. At least wait until you see the plans before you go painting your banners.
I never realised so many of our fans were either skilled architects and / or petulant schoolchildren.
Get your head out of the sand mate! You're believing what they want you to believe! Are you telling me Moshiri with all his money can't afford the stadium and needs help from big Joe and his merry band of crooks?

I think I'll take the word of a professional architect that it is possible to do over any of you whoppers.

But continue to wet the bed if you want to.

Personally I'd love for the new stadium to be able to host multiple events, including athletics. The European Championships and Worlds being held in Liverpool would be amazing.

People just love to find something, anything to have a whinge about. Especially about Everton.

I find this one overly weird as the guy doing the most important part has said it will be fine.

I don't know if people have trust issues, or are so ingrained in Everton ballsing things up that they refuse to believe it.

Let the guy do his job. If he messes it up then go all guns blazing. But what's the point in going mad now?

Get your head out of the sand mate! You're believing what they want you to believe! Are you telling me Moshiri with all his money can't afford the stadium and needs help from big Joe and his merry band of crooks?
lollollol

Are you suggesting that Moshiri should've given up around a 1/3 of his estimated wealth (not available capital) to simply buy our ground in the save paragraph as you're accusing someone else of having their head buried in the sand?

Bin.

People just love to find something, anything to have a whinge about. Especially about Everton.

I find this one overly weird as the guy doing the most important part has said it will be fine.

I don't know if people have trust issues, or are so ingrained in Everton ballsing things up that they refuse to believe it.

Let the guy do his job. If he messes it up then go all guns blazing. But what's the point in going mad now?
As with anything, it's a case of wait and see. No point getting hot under the collar when nothing has happened.

Yes, the hired help of the guy who stands to make a hundred million off this deal has said there's nothing to worry about. Why won't people accept this?

I think it's clear that the overall sentiment amongst social media Evertonians is a slightly cautious "wait and see" approach, what sone have yet again :zzz:decided to do is go against the grain to make themselves centre of attention. Nothing new. This is proven by how repetitive the chief offenders are.

Yes, the hired help of the guy who stands to make a hundred million off this deal has said there's nothing to worry about. Why won't people accept this?
This is all fine and well, but only if he is indeed lying. No one has any proof of that.

So in your opinion Meiss is lying to us when he states it can be done ? Does he have a history of lying to the potential users of his stadia? If not it seems unfair to cast doubts on the veracity of his statements before we've seen his solutions.
I'm not saying he's lying, but he hasn't given us any detail about how it can/will be done. I hope it can be done, but
you know, square boxes in round holes and that.

I repeat, an athletics track is 169 m long and flat - a football pitch is 112m, give or take. How does steeped seating fit in?

II think it will be straight forward to do with modern building techniques and materials. Either the athletics track and field can be lifted up until the rake of the stands accommodates the space needed for a track, or there can be removable rows of seats that will later sit on the track space.

How would they be exposing themselves to that? They would easily just be able to sidestep the moment and state "well that was our vision of 'not compromising on intimate/intimidating atmosphere' so we haven't lied to anyone"...hence the importance of releasing NOW some illustrations of what the stadium design is to look like.

This stage is well overdue. Meis has his provisional designs; the club know what they'd like to go for. Let's have them in the public domain to reassure people. If they dont then it's odds on we're getting a shallow raking set of stands removed much further from the pitch than Goodison's stands are which will accommodate athletics events and goodness knows whatever else the council and the club owner have in mind.
No. They have publicly stated it will NOT affect the atmosphere if that is an untruth they will have exposed themselves as untrustworthy. To be regarded as someone not worthy of trust is a serious millstone to carry around in your career. Nobody would willingly expose themselves to that accusation.
Releasing the plans will obviously not occur until the architect is satisfied and presented them to the board who will then scrutinise them. After any possible modifications and when it is ready to be go to planning application then they will be revealed to the public . They will still be open to revision and alteration throughout and until approval is granted. What purpose would it achieve to release incomplete plans.? There will be plenty of time to complain and object during the planning process.

Got a feeling the stands will be steep......except the 1st tier which could then easily accommodate a running track
Similar to Atletico Madrids new stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.