Homepage Update: Mayor's Bramley Moore Dock Open Letter To Evertonians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people on here need to realise there's a difference between healthy cynicism and being a massively stupid whopper who can't understand public statements made by the key figures involved in all of this.

There is absolutely no reason for ANY of the people involved to lie. Because Evertonians would be hounding them with lit pitchforks if it came out that they had lied.

Because there is no stadium in the world with a track that has very close stands behind the goals. I think they are clearly compromising the proximity.

IT. WON'T. HAVE. A. TRACK.

A temporary track will be built on a PLATFORM, into the stand, taking out at least the first 10 rows and maybe more of each stand, reducing the capacity from 58000 to circa 40000.

What purpose would it serve to lie to fans at this point ? Why would they expose themselves to the charge of being dishonest when the plans are released. They would gain no advantage other than deferring the fume by several months, and as we can see even that would be a false hope. You do have to trust people sometimes.
How would they be exposing themselves to that? They would easily just be able to sidestep the moment and state "well that was our vision of 'not compromising on intimate/intimidating atmosphere' so we haven't lied to anyone"...hence the importance of releasing NOW some illustrations of what the stadium design is to look like.

This stage is well overdue. Meis has his provisional designs; the club know what they'd like to go for. Let's have them in the public domain to reassure people. If they dont then it's odds on we're getting a shallow raking set of stands removed much further from the pitch than Goodison's stands are which will accommodate athletics events and goodness knows whatever else the council and the club owner have in mind.

How would they be exposing themselves to that? They would easily just be able to sidestep the moment and state "well that was our vision of 'not compromising on intimate/intimidating atmosphere' so we haven't lied to anyone"...hence the importance of releasing NOW some illustrations of what the stadium design is to look like.

This stage is well overdue. Meis has his provisional designs; the club know what they'd like to go for. Let's have them in the public domain to reassure people. If they dont then it's odds on we're getting a shallow raking set of stands removed much further from the pitch than Goodison's stands are which will accommodate athletics events and goodness knows whatever else the council and the club owner have in mind.
I think they'll be released in August or early September. Think that is when we find out if the CWG bid has been successful.

IT. WON'T. HAVE. A. TRACK.

A temporary track will be built on a PLATFORM, into the stand, taking out at least the first 10 rows and maybe more of each stand, reducing the capacity from 58000 to circa 40000.

Meaning no steep stands behind a goal or any stand.

It's not possible that any design which incorporates a track, doesn't compromise the design.

I think they'll be released in August or early September. Think that is when we find out if the CWG bid has been successful.
Yes, and too late to respond by then no doubt.

I'd request everyone contacts the club (or preferable en masse through a petition) and get answers now.

Meaning no steep stands behind a goal or any stand.

It's not possible that any design which incorporates a track, doesn't compromise the design.
Correct.

Baldly stated: if Everton have to host the athletics events at the CWG to square off this council then we are getting a poorly designed stadium for all time.

There's no way around that.

A crappy little photoshop/paint job that serves the purpose of explaining how our stadium will look like before, during and after the Commonwealth Games:

2yxkl11.jpg

The council are taking the piss out of us here lads. They've got a sniff that we want a new stadium and suddenly they come over demanding that we put an effing running track in the middle of it.

Can someone with a bit more technical nous start a petition for me?

If the council hadn't helped us secure the land on a prestigious location we'd probably be building a stadium on scrubland on the outskirts of the city. At least wait until you see the plans before you go painting your banners.
I never realised so many of our fans were either skilled architects and / or petulant schoolchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.