Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dcl injury could be a blessing in disguise, will force the board to buy a forward, if he didn't get injured might hold back thinking DCL and Rondon be enough.
Be worse if it happened when the window is shut.
Like the way the board were forced into buying a right back when Coleman broke his leg.

You said of some kind of standard. Rondon is some kind of standard.
Ok what I mean is up to standard I didn't word it right. As we saw last season Rondon isn't capable of being our focal point for a run of games and Alli although he can play there it isn't his natural position. We still need a forward which is obvious especially when you consider how much Richy played as our 9.

They don’t.
You'll find that generally they do a lot quicker than us, the only time we move at speed is usually deadline day Lukaku being the perfect example, that one came out of the blue.
These days our intentions are telegraphed well in advance and our failure to land a forward thus far has already bitten us on the arse.

Last edited:
You'll find that generally they do a lot quicker than us, the only time we move at speed is usually deadline day Lukaku being the perfect example, that one came out of the blue.
These days are intentions are telegraphed well in advance and our failure to land a forward thus far has already bitten us on the arse.

You only have to look at Chelsea's current window to see it's not just us.

You only have to look at Chelsea's current window to see it's not just us.
Strangely enough I'm not too concerned about Chelsea, they have the ability to out gun us on the transfer front, I'm only concerned with our failure to generally tie up transfers within a reasonable amount of time.
If we are fortunate to get a decent striker in the next couple of days they are going to be literally thrown in against Chelsea, we should be going into a new season with 4 decent strikers in our squad.

Strangely enough I'm not too concerned about Chelsea, they have the ability to out gun us on the transfer front, I'm only concerned with our failure to generally tie up transfers within a reasonable amount of time.
If we are fortunate to get a decent striker in the next couple of days they are going to be literally thrown in against Chelsea, we should be going into a new season with 4 decent strikers in our squad.

Why would I be concerned about Chelsea? I'm just giving you an example of another team, who are struggling to get deals done, that have all their failures mapped out by the media, like you think apparently only Everton have.

Why do other clubs kill transfers in a day or two and ours are usually long, drawn out affairs often resulting in us not getting our intended target?....... Oh yeah we're Everton almost forgot.

I agree it looks that way but I guess it's seems to be the case because we aren't following the other club's transfer news as closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.