Transfer Rumour Maxwell Cornet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent player but not worth the money right now we've signed McNeil and still need a CM and another striker

The only way I could see this happening is if we try and flip Gray for a healthy profit but I've got a feeling that Lampard likes Gray.
I don't think the market is there for Gray. He has never commanded much of a fee, and a big side like Leverkusen flipping him in six months at cost is a red flag.

I also don't think Gray is Lampard's style of player out wide, but he represents another way to attack a side if we're struggling to lump balls into the box from out wide, or score from the crosses. He's probably on value wages, which means that the smart play is to run his contract down if Lampard doesn't like him, or extend if Lampard wants to keep him and can agree a wage increase with his agent.

"It is believed West Ham, who are expected to fail in attempts to sign Eintracht Frankfurt’s Filip Kostic, would like Cornet on loan. Everton want the 25-year-old, who can play at left-back and as a striker, on a permanent deal."

This is going down to the wire, isn't it? I still fancy our chances if Burnley want cash.
I don't think Newcastle will go to 60. Rodgers either needs to make sales quickly, so that he has time to line up replacements, or hold the line across the board.

If that one falls through, Burnley becomes a lot more likely to get what they want from Newcastle on this one.

I don't think Newcastle will go to 60. Rodgers either needs to make sales quickly, so that he has time to line up replacements, or hold the line across the board.

If that one falls through, Burnley becomes a lot more likely to get what they want from Newcastle on this one.
They shouldn't go to sixty-million for a multitude of reasons, with the most prominent being he's not worth it, however he's one of their primary targets.

To walk away would be the sensible decisions although the powers that be may want to make a marque signing to show their credentials and appease the fans.

They shouldn't go to sixty-million for a multitude of reasons, with the most prominent being he's not worth it, however he's one of their primary targets.

To walk away would be the sensible decisions although the powers that be may want to make a marque signing to show their credentials and appease the fans.
It looks a lot like the Richarlison signing at 50 - they should be able to get out where they got in - and like a blunder at 60. Going to 60 puts some unreasonable expectations on Maddison as well, which is never a good thing.

Maguire would probably take a lot less stick if he had been signed at 50 than he does at 80. At that price he's supposed to be better than Van Dijk, and there was never a prayer of that happening.

He's a good player. At the end of the day, £60m means nothing to Newcastle. He's probably about as good as they can attract, so for the sake of £10m I am sure they'll finalise a deal.

It looks a lot like the Richarlison signing at 50 - they should be able to get out where they got in - and like a blunder at 60. Going to 60 puts some unreasonable expectations on Maddison as well, which is never a good thing.

Maguire would probably take a lot less stick if he had been signed at 50 than he does at 80. At that price he's supposed to be better than Van Dijk, and there was never a prayer of that happening.
A very good point this

Status
Not open for further replies.