Match Thread- Manchester United vs Everton- Final Preseason Friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't look for positives in you final preseason friendly, where should you look for them?

This season is going to be a struggle lads.
This is a poor group of players and the overhaul will not happen anytime soon as nobody wants our deadwood and we have a lot of it.
Nothing has changed from our embarrassing end to last season culminating in the drubbing at City (when they had absolutely nothing to play for)***similarly when newly crowned champions Leicester gubbed us 3-0 a few years ago, when they were probably drunk from celebrations

I totally agree, but why the constant clamour for negativity? it seems many are only happy when they have something to moan about.
Every summer the same people with the same bleach, then we spend money and they shut up
Well isn't that the point of the moaning? Moan that we are crap, sign a couple of players, watch them be rubbish and then start the moaning again about signing bad players.

All of it is justified. We are never happy because there is zero to be happy about. Don't get me wrong there are loads of clubs in worse positions than us but it has been decades of turgid boring stuff with very few lights at the end of the tunnel. Even when we do "achieve" something like finishing 4th we then fail to qualify for the Champions League. We get a world class manager and we play some of the most boring stuff ever seen etc.

I totally get the moaning as the pattern repeats itself. Right now we cant seem to spend any money, have an incredibly divisive manager in charge, a rubbish squad with a couple of gaping holes in (that have been there for a few years) and one of our players in a legal limbo so we can't even do anything there either.

Its deffo moanworthy.

Some perspective.

We lost a manager that was completely unexpected. It left us and g red squad reeling. It tore up all the summer plans.

We have appointed a manager who has divided the fan base and caused all sorts of friction.

Several players were involved deep into tournaments so haven’t had a pre season.

Then the unmentionable thing happened and the squad is reeling again. That will be very difficult to ever come to terms witb.

All this is coupled with not having a transfer budget.

We are a club in crisis. The team needs the fans to get behind them more than ever.

My point exactly, rather than back him, you look for any reason to turn on him even though it is to the detriment of players and club
Can you turn on someone if you never liked them in the first place?

You are right it will be to the detriment of the club (in general, not some bloke posting on line) the owner probably should have thought about that before making his decision. It's not even Benitez's fault but he is kind of a symbol of the mess we are dealing with.

In the current market I don't think £40M is really that much. Gets you a couple of Championship players or 1 player with decent European calibre unless your looking at players with year left on their contract or where something has gone wrong at their current club.

It's deffo nothing like a "warchest" amount.
No agreed but its not money found down the back of the couch either!

I wouldn't mind us spending 40M right now...

Some perspective.

We lost a manager that was completely unexpected. It left us and g red squad reeling. It tore up all the summer plans.

We have appointed a manager who has divided the fan base and caused all sorts of friction.

Several players were involved deep into tournaments so haven’t had a pre season.

Then the unmentionable thing happened and the squad is reeling again. That will be very difficult to ever come to terms witb.

We are a club in crisis. The team needs the fans to get behind them more than ever.

Depressing, but pretty spot on.

Some perspective.

….one of the advantages of a DoF is supposed to be continuity. There shouldn’t be the upheaval normally happening when a manager changes, plans to bring new players in shouldn’t significantly change.

The fans will get behind the team if they perform, the club isn’t being let down by fans.

Well isn't that the point of the moaning? Moan that we are crap, sign a couple of players, watch them be rubbish and then start the moaning again about signing bad players.

All of it is justified. We are never happy because there is zero to be happy about. Don't get me wrong there are loads of clubs in worse positions than us but it has been decades of turgid boring stuff with very few lights at the end of the tunnel. Even when we do "achieve" something like finishing 4th we then fail to qualify for the Champions League. We get a world class manager and we play some of the most boring stuff ever seen etc.

I totally get the moaning as the pattern repeats itself. Right now we cant seem to spend any money, have an incredibly divisive manager in charge, a rubbish squad with a couple of gaping holes in (that have been there for a few years) and one of our players in a legal limbo so we can't even do anything there either.

Its deffo moanworthy.
Check
The Everton posts on this site, at any time of any year and they are people looking for faults and ignoring positives, it’s like a cancer. My kids can’t even be arsed to go any more due to the bile and morose nature, even when winning

Can you turn on someone if you never liked them in the first place?

You are right it will be to the detriment of the club (in general, not some bloke posting on line) the owner probably should have thought about that before making his decision. It's not even Benitez's fault but he is kind of a symbol of the mess we are dealing with.
You can turn on him as Everton manager. I never liked koeman but I never abused him

Mate, I’ve been there too! However, I don’t need to make every post about it, highlighting every thing I can find to pour scourn on the players and club.
You'd have to be on Oxycotton or Xanax 24/7 to maintain any kind of positivity about Everton. They will always disappoint you. It's just fact. The longest trophy drought in our history has resulted in an eternal brittleness...we always look like we are on the brink of collapse when under any kind of pressure in a match...likewise we rarely convert on our own phases of dominance in a game. As often said, being an Everton fan is like staying with your partner when she cheats on you time after time despite promising to "change"

I genuinely believe we are a cursed club.

Over the last 4 or 5 years I have become almost apathetic towards us. My reason is that if I don't care as much, the less disappointed/upset I'll be when we lose. This conversely means I don't even take much pleasure from our rare successes.

That's what supporting the blues has done to me.

I'm more interested in the upcoming NFL season, at least I can enjoy that from a neutral perspective and not get emotionally ravaged ?

….one of the advantages of a DoF is supposed to be continuity. There shouldn’t be the upheaval normally happening when a manager changes, plans to bring new players in shouldn’t significantly change.

The fans will get behind the team if they perform, the club isn’t being let down by fans.
Irrespective of the DoF, the manner of Ancelotti‘s departure has caused chaos.

The financial situation meant we couldn‘t go and get a manager of choice. We had to pick from people out of contract.

The fans aren’t letting the club down, they are reeling like the players. It’s hardly an environment for elite performances.

Screenshot_20210718-202835_Twitter.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.