Transfer Rumour Matías Vecino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough to think of a more pointless signing. 29 years old who is at a fringe CL level but has to leave the lethargic pace of Italy to come and try and play in the PL. And we are paying 20m for it? Would love to see this one be rubbish.

Its better than signing a 19 year old who sulks for 3 years till hes sold to some German team where he also starts sulking.

You mean where we sign a 23 year old from Germany?

You act like we are out there signing 30 year olds only.
No I don't. The Gbamin signing was a sensible move while the Delph signing was less so. I can understand signing a player or two like that for experience but do we really need another? If we sign Vecino on a 4 and 1/2 year deal as rumored, he will be 33 at the end of it. There's a less than 50% chance he is as good at the end of the contract as he is now, and I'm not sure he's above average now.

I just think it is an unnecessary and way too short term signing. I'd rather tough it out with the garbage we have now and try and do better in the summer.

No I don't. The Gbamin signing was a sensible move while the Delph signing was less so. I can understand signing a player or two like that for experience but do we really need another? If we sign Vecino on a 4 and 1/2 year deal as rumored, he will be 33 at the end of it. There's a less than 50% chance he is as good at the end of the contract as he is now, and I'm not sure he's above average now.

I just think it is an unnecessary and way too short term signing. I'd rather tough it out with the garbage we have now and try and do better in the summer.

Playing Holgate or Sidibe at LB in the absence of Digne would not be very good. Baines is finished now at 35. Delph can cover that position at least.

On the other hand a football genius like Carlo has seen him at close quarters , been able to evaluate the other players that he has at his disposal and thinks he will improve the team.

I'll go with Carlo's opinion thanks.

Have you seen a fair bit of Vecino mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.