2017/18 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.

I said this before on another thread. But Sam is busy trying out different players as he whittles down the squad.

Sam could play a winning side for consecutive matches at the expense of not learning about the non-playing squad members. I think Mason will be a mainstay in the Everton squad. The question mark still remains for players like Williams, Jags, Mangala and even Keane.

I said this before on another thread. But Sam is busy trying out different players as he whittles down the squad.

Sam could play a winning side for consecutive matches at the expense of not learning about the non-playing squad members. I think Mason will be a mainstay in the Everton squad. The question mark still remains for players like Williams, Jags, Mangala and even Keane.

whats it matter? hes not gonna be manager for long so wont get the chance.
plus if he doesnt know you can bin off anyone in the squad over 23 (apart from new signings) by now hes even more clueless than i thought.

whats it matter? hes not gonna be manager for long so wont get the chance.
plus if he doesnt know you can bin off anyone in the squad over 23 (apart from new signings) by now hes even more clueless than i thought.

You do realise the club owner is an accountant by trade. He'll be interested in ensuring the club's finance is run in a sustainable way.

So 'mightymoyes' the only way Sam can truly understand his players is by playing them under match conditions with different permutations. Expect more players to leave the club over the summer.

You do realise the club owner is an accountant by trade. He'll be interested in ensuring the club's finance is run in a sustainable way.

So 'mightymoyes' the only way Sam can truly understand his players is by playing them under match conditions with different permutations. Expect more players to leave the club over the summer.

You've lost me.
Like a said I hope every player over 23 bar the new signings and Coleman leaves in the summer

When he came in after the west ham game, we were starting Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Calvert Lewin and bringing Lookman on, he kept that for the huddersfield game, but slowly has started replaceing these kids, at certain times taking them out of the 18 all together.

Kenny could be undrstandible as Coleman is coming back, but i gaurentee if we had a left back, Martina would be in htere for him.

Holgate has randomly lost his place as Allardyce continues to play centre back bingo, even now if he decides he's sticking with 2 i gaurentee Mangala is now selected ahead of him at every opportunity

Davies (i think everyone knows i rate him and he brings something so different when he plays, i know others dont rate him, but thats irelevant, we have won more games with him in our midfield than we have with Schneiderlin), he picks him, drops him, picks him, drops him from the 18, picks him then drops him again. He continues to pick possibly the most hated player to the fans for lack of commitment ahead of him

Calvert Lewin - Was begining to net a few goals here and there and his hol up play and workrate in the derby won us that point- buys in a £27m - (thats ok, DCL cant lead the line all season on his own, plus he needs a rest probably), but nope! That £27m striker it seems is brought in at 3rd choice and we put Omour Niasse infron of him - who a month ago Allardyce decided to say pretty much "hes scored a couple of goals but that may be the best we will get out of Omour"

We all know the Lookman scenario

Swansea at home 2nd half, all mentioned got on that pichat the same time, them kids won us that game, all combining to win the 2nd penalty and linking well with an understanding
Aswell as backing each other up when a kick off emerged

Newcastle away, we need to run the game out, we all know how poor we can be at doing that sometimes, something our experienced players should be doing, instead we have JJK forgetting how to take a throw in to waste time, DCL getting booked for kicking the ball away and Tom Davies playing with his alice band before he takes a corner, all showing great experience beyond there years and something we havent seen from an everton team for a long time.

I know young players we need to be careful with and a restt here and there can do the world of good, but the way Allardyce treats them could really do some long term damage on there cofidence,

These young lads are winners though, they have won so much together coming up through the years for club and country, hopefully they are made of stronger stufff and hopefully Sam dosent ruin them for our next manager
Good post mate, completely agree.

Starts for the 23s against Barnsley. I wonder why he's nowhere to be seen for the first team?

Interestingly, no Garbutt in the squad. Funny how he was given a first team number only to be banished from the club completely since.

Then why bring in Mangala? with Mori coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.