2023/24 Mason Holgate

Mason is reckless and a repeat offender. At Palace he was being given a lesson by the winger, got booked and all could see
that he was on the way to getting a red card which he duly did. EFC hung on to nick a point but he displayed his lack of football IQ.

The problem is that he will be back at EFC and on big wages.

Mason is reckless and a repeat offender. At Palace he was being given a lesson by the winger, got booked and all could see
that he was on the way to getting a red card which he duly did. EFC hung on to nick a point but he displayed his lack of football IQ.

The problem is that he will be back at EFC and on big wages.
Doesn't his contract run out soon?

June 2025, same as Keane. About £150k a week between them until then.

We rid ourselves of Alli and Gomes this summer. That's £200k a week saved.

Joke football club.

Oh also there are decisions to be made on Gueye, Young, Coleman and (haha) Lonergan whose contracts are up this summer.
If we're still in the PL and we don't have a transfer ban, we should let them all go.
If we're still in the PL and we do have a transfer ban, we should offer all of them (except Lonergan) new deals.
If we get relegated then we'll probably go bust and we won't have any players, problem solved!

It is surprising how quickly a players career can go downhill.
I know Mason Holgate was no world beater but as a younger player he looked to have a decent career ahead of him.
The loan at Southampton was a disaster and obviously now going to Sheff. Utd is hardly likely to improve his reputation.
The stupid red card was bad enough but Sheffield have been leaking goals long before Holgate arrived.

It is hard to know what to do with him, I think he is to reckless and error prone for central defence not good enough for right back.
He did play some games in midfield and maybe at a lower level could play there , but it is hard to see him finding another club this summer , especially if the rumours of the size of his alary are close to being true.

I think Turkey may beckon.

I know Mason Holgate was no world beater but as a younger player he looked to have a decent career ahead of him.
The loan at Southampton was a disaster and obviously now going to Sheff. Utd is hardly likely to improve his reputation.
The stupid red card was bad enough but Sheffield have been leaking goals long before Holgate arrived.

It is hard to know what to do with him, I think he is to reckless and error prone for central defence not good enough for right back.
He did play some games in midfield and maybe at a lower level could play there , but it is hard to see him finding another club this summer , especially if the rumours of the size of his alary are close to being true.

He was brilliant for months prior to his extension. After signing he's dropped off massively.

MLS probably.

Not playing and then getting thrown into a defence you don't know with no match sharpness must be a bit of an ask. We've seen petulance in ours and others players, the decisions and the break of the ball go against and suddenly they're leaving a bit extra in a tackle and suddenly its early bath time.