2021/22 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is when you need a confident, competent and experienced communicator. All of those things can be improved with a shellacking here and a shout there.

Agree that it's all connected, defensive weaknesses aren't cured by dropping a new guy in - in the first half on Monday midfield was overrun, so our back four were exposed to too many runners - not sure many CBs would have shone with a one man midfield in front of them.

But I do think one can underestimate the influence of personnel - especially at centre half. Only have to look at Dias and whathisface at RS to see how they improve those around them. Both commanding CBs and good communicators

I think i said 2 summers ago (and again last summer) that we needed a new starting centre back.

Its another position to add to right back, centre mid and right wing where weve looked short for some time.

Holgate i think will move in Jan. Possibly Norwich.

He probably didn't expect Godfrey to pass straight to a Wolves player.

I think it was hardly Holgate's fault
It wasn’t his fault but he hardly covered himself in glory. If he was switched on and alert he could have cut it off, but he didn’t even manage to make a last ditch tackle.

I think i said 2 summers ago (and again last summer) that we needed a new starting centre back.

Its another position to add to right back, centre mid and right wing where weve looked short for some time.

Well they asked for him in the Summer and he refused, remember he will still have 3 years contract to be paid up and he on 64 grand and he will be lucky to get 15 with Norwich, maybe if West Brom come up he could go back there as its just down the M6 so no relocation but again it's the wage problem

Well they asked for him in the Summer and he refused, remember he will still have 3 years contract to be paid up and he on 64 grand and he will be lucky to get 15 with Norwich, maybe if West Brom come up he could go back there as its just down the M6 so no relocation but again it's the wage problem
Whoever gives out these crazy contracts wants their arse kickin .

We have serious problems at the back, too many of our defence simply aren't good enough. Does Keane bring out the worst in everyone lol

You and me both hombre

Harry Kane's wife has been tweeting that she was worried he'd gone a bit loopy from heading the ball too much. Apparently he's been chuckling and laughing in his sleep all week. But she was relieved when Harry explained to her that he's simply been dreaming about the match at the weekend and playing against Holgate.
Oh God help us.

Status
Not open for further replies.