2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mason has some credit in the bank because in the past he has played well for us. Last season under Carlo it was Holgate plus one at the back and people were talking about him as a future captain and England player. He’s in bad form no doubt about it but I think there’s still a very decent player in there who is perfect for a squad to cover multiple positions. I don’t see anything of use in Keane Davies Siggurdson but Holgate is just in bad form for me.

Next season Carlo needs to decide who his starting pairing is. If it’s Holgate and Godfrey then keep playing them. Godfrey and Mina then play them. For me Keane can’t be in there though.

Branthwaite will be back, any room for him or should it be another loan out?

With holgate... It's a similar scenario to Pickford. Mistakes happen, it's the manner of the mistakes - cockiness and arrogance - isn't a good look.

Like the time stones told the park end to calm down ..... If he actually took a bit of a learning from that it may have saved him from near ending up on the scrap head. Instead he became the focal point - the weak link for teams to focus on when facing city. It's took the signing of a world class centre half to sort him out.

Too many of these players we have tend to get above their stations for us.

His attitude is the reason I don’t think he’s going to improve as a player. The way he struts around without being anywhere near good enough to back it up makes him massively unlikeable for me. It’s a trait he seems to have developed this season too, as if being “player of the year” last season has gone to his head.

Having a Johnny Heitinga (sp? Didn't feel like looking it up) season. Exceptional one season highly lackluster the next. Hopefully if he stays he can redeem himself. Still believe he has the potential.

Out of necessity, he became a Jack of all trades. I’m sorry to say that he’s Master of none. I wouldn’t be surprised to read that Ancelotti is thinking of parting with him.

Out of necessity, he became a Jack of all trades. I’m sorry to say that he’s Master of none. I wouldn’t be surprised to read that Ancelotti is thinking of parting with him.
Even last season he caught a few off guard by showing a bit of pace at the back but his actual numbers for just basic defending stuff (like tackling, blocking, interceptions, aerial duels, the amount of times he was dibbled by) they were really bad, he is easily our weakest defender.

Article saying we're listening to offers for him in the summer... probably a made up source tbh but wouldn't be that surprised if its true. He's our 4th choice cb now and looks a liability most games

....wonder how it will impact DCL & Davies if he leaves. Those three seemed joined at the hip.

You have gotta love some of the posters on here ,Mason has a mediocre season and should be sold as he is not good enough but Dowell Gordon et al should be brought back of loan to improve the squad . Beggars belief . Just as every forward that has good stats on FM is the bees knees -until he signs for us !

Just can't see how replacing Holgate is a priority. Bought for buttons, modest wage, our best player last season, injured preseason and played out of position most of this year.

If Carlo and Brands haven't got new right side as top of their list, we really are in trouble.
Not sure he was our best player. He had a good 2nd half to the season.

And the fact he cost buttons, would be a good thing when selling. If FFP is still a thing this summer.

IMO we need a top class dominant CB, so one of him, Keane or Mina has to go.

You have gotta love some of the posters on here ,Mason has a mediocre season and should be sold as he is not good enough but Dowell Gordon et al should be brought back of loan to improve the squad . Beggars belief . Just as every forward that has good stats on FM is the bees knees -until he signs for us !
I think the last few season will show most of our players aren’t good enough.
unless you think finishing between 8th & 12th is success

Status
Not open for further replies.