2020/21 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played well tonight and proved he can play alongside Godfrey in certain games. Would still worry about them playing together against an aerially dominant team but this type of attack they should be fine. His versatility is both a blessing and a curse.

Quality player...very important to keep him in the squad.

As i keep repeating, MADNESS to consider selling him.

Totally agree. I think Godfrey is our best CB and them in a 2 would worry me against some opponets but he would be my first choice RCB in a 3. If silly money was offered I would sell but can't see that.

With Holgate, I think yoi need to get him settled in a position and make him stick.

It’s not really a Criticism of Carlo more and observation, that when we don’t chop and change our defence they are a lot less shaky, sometimes players have bad games and then they have good games, if He can turn in performances like that, week in, week out, then he’s such a valuable asset.

Regardless of whether you see him being a long term starter, he’s 10000% worth keeping as a backup.

If we go 3 at the back he would be in my first 11 every week. For him to be a regular starter in s back 4 we need a tall powerful DM as Godfrey already has on CB place nailed and my concerns on height would be slightly off set.

He looked ordinary last night, anything good that happened was the result of him being sucked out of position and going wandering

Hardly ever plays in his preferred CB position but still always makes the effort. Not great at RB but he does a decent job filling in as CDM.

Even if we bring in CBs I would deffo keep this lad. We can’t keep binning off players who don’t start every single game.

We need squad depth and he is just one fine example of it.

Hardly ever plays in his preferred CB position but still always makes the effort. Not great at RB but he does a decent job filling in as CDM.

Even if we bring in CBs I would deffo keep this lad. We can’t keep binning off players who don’t start every single game.

We need squad depth and he is just one fine example of it.
I think the issue is his positional sense isn't great when he doesn't play centre half. I agree we need 3 or 4 squad players who can fill in at a number of positions, just not sure if he's 1 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.