2018/19 Mason Holgate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless he is coming back as a coach to jib off our terrible marking system at set pieces then he wont make much of a difference.

Our defenders have generally been fine this season, we don't concede too many from open play, if Holgate was to come back right now he would just be another defender who would get confused when defending set pieces due to how rubbish the whole thing is.

He is not one of the on loan players I would be looking to get rid of. A squad man for next season and see how he performs. Jags, Coleman (sadly) and Baines will have gone to the retirement spot in the sky, so we may need the likes of Holgate and Kenny.

He is not one of the on loan players I would be looking to get rid of. A squad man for next season and see how he performs. Jags, Coleman (sadly) and Baines will have gone to the retirement spot in the sky, so we may need the likes of Holgate and Kenny.

I hope they have all gone but you never know with our board. If we don't have the money wages space for a new RB I would have him compete with Kenny and also an option as 4th choice centre back. If we then want to go 3 at the back in some games he would be ideal at RCB with Kenny at RWB. He is definitely worth keeping unless we get a decent offer then we have to consider if that can be used to help us get someone even better!

He's been hard done by. He looked better than Keane last season for me. I'm glad he's getting regular game time but I feel like he could have been part of the squad. Obviously Brands and Silva felt differently and brought in two center backs.

Jagielka's contract finishes this season and from what I can remember he's spent most of it injured so I hope Holgate comes back and pushes Keane and Mina for a spot next season.

He isn't a centre half.
Is correct. Honestly don't see what everyone else sees in him. Too light and too prone to lapses in concentration to be a CB and not technical enough for RB. Should do a Duffy and take a step down for a few seasons because he wont improve sitting on our bench.

Dowel has switched to left back for a game for his loan club Sheffield United had a great game in all his loan period has been brilliant - should never have been sent out could have been played at left back or in midfield -same applies to Holgate a good right back when need be, and faster than our central defenders............

Is correct. Honestly don't see what everyone else sees in him. Too light and too prone to lapses in concentration to be a CB and not technical enough for RB. Should do a Duffy and take a step down for a few seasons because he wont improve sitting on our bench.
Deducing this from his extensive appearances....ok

Last time I checked he is doing exactly what he should be. He is on loan getting experience. He is a prospect, showing potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.