Martinez interview on Sky Sports News July 12th 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez handles the media like an absolute boss. I like David Moyes, but he presented way too many of his internal doubts to the press, for everyone to see. I feel Martinez is a different beast to pretty much every other manager. He has the resolve and relentless confidence of successful coaches like Mourinho and SAF, but doesn't magically shapeshift into an enormous bellend when things don't go his way. He never complains about refs or financial inequality and plays the game on his own terms. Moyes stressed me out, but Martinez is like a relaxing breeze dispersing pollen of reassurance on my brain.

Bobby is a bit of a media whore, let's be honest.

Its intentional and strategic.
He wants Everton to get more air-time and column space. Builds the club's profile.
The cynic will say he's just building his own profile, and thats definitely true- but he's doing so while at Everton and everyone benefits. Compare to Moyes who didn't know how to work it and damaged both his and United's profiles last season.

Roberto does this on purpose as all the best managers with big personalities do. Just like how it's always Mourinho's Chelsea and it was SAF's Man Utd. That way, on the bad days, no player is being burdened.

This is very different to Gerrard's Liverpool of last season who slipped up under the pressure.

giphy.gif

It excites me the way Martinez mines every situation for maximum excitement. If I could be a fraction as excited as he is at his least excited, I would be very excited indeed.
I'd love his outlook. His attitude reminds me of my 3 yo daughters' - everything's great to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.