Martinez Christmas Poll

Martinez as Manager of Everton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the whole we're playing better and with a defence that has only played together for two games this season, 10 if you swap Galloway for Baines. No wonder there's nerves with Tim behind them.

I have worries, and think we're in dire need of snotting a few teams to get rid of those 60 minute nerves, but to want get rid of him after what's been a decent start all things considered, is a bit daft.

His first season we made up 10 points over two months to get fourth spot after the Arsenal game, and putting a run together during Feb and March is clearly capable. If we finish 10th and no silverware at the end of the season then cut our losses.

But the players seem to like him, I've always liked him and it'll only take a few wins on the trot to shoot us up the league again.

Stop the ambiguity. Have a simple two options only in the poll....IN or OUT. Let's stop pussyfooting around with this.....an 'I don't know' isn't an opinion, so why is it included in an opinion poll?

Chico redraft and let's get a result on this damn thing.....not that it changes anything.

Stop the ambiguity. Have a simple two options only in the poll....IN or OUT. Let's stop pussyfooting around with this.....an 'I don't know' isn't an opinion, so why is it included in an opinion poll?

Chico redraft and let's get a result on this damn thing.....not that it changes anything.
I voted not sure because ... well I'm not at the moment but if pushed I would say that I can't see things improving under Martinez and he should go.

This group of players are much better than the results and there is only one person to blame for that.

Keep.

much better position than twelve months ago. Real backing to young players now and an obvious improvement in tactics compared to last year.

Just whether we can learn how to do basic defending or not now

The football may at first glance look better, however there are a fair few issues and concerns which we seem unable (or unwilling) to address.

We may score some lovely goals, yet arguably we're also not clinical enough. Defensively we are unbelievably easy to score against.

My concern is that another mid-table season of mediocrity, which is a possibility, will jeopardise our chances to keep the likes or Rom and Stones.

Yeah it's not a fair poll as some votes will be split over the last three options. The poll should have read something like 'Does Martinez deserve a fourth season?' Simple yes or no option.

What I do find surprising are the number of votes to fire a manager mid season.

Let's face it, the vast majority of the 'not sure' pile are simply people who are saying 'I dont want him sacked, but we'll have to keep an eye on it'.

On that basis, the poll reads 59% for the status quo. I'll reflect this in my pie chart later this evening.

Let's face it, the vast majority of the 'not sure' pile are simply people who are saying 'I dont want him sacked, but we'll have to keep an eye on it'.

On that basis, the poll reads 59% for the status quo. I'll reflect this in my pie chart later this evening.
Straws and clutching the plotters can see through the clown

Status
Not open for further replies.