Mariner............yesterdays ref

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
It is not often that I start threads like this but his performance yesterday helped make it the match it was, no bookings and flowed like ice across a polished floor.

Many referees could take a leaf out of his book, his man management skills were fair and firm, no one was in doubt at any decision he made and he took full notice of his assistant.

Mr Mariner yours was the best display by a ref in many a year well done.....you're the best we have based on that display;)

Wow, I thought he was a joke.

Football hey, so many eyes, so many views.

so what was funny Goat...........the fact you saw a game when no one was booked, flowed through out, player penalised for pulling a jumper in the area.................he had a great game

so what was funny Goat...........the fact you saw a game when no one was booked, flowed through out, player penalised for pulling a jumper in the area.................he had a great game

Some of their tackles needed a booking, some of them where shocking, but, I suppose im being picky, a few things wound me up as well.

I suppose its hard at the game, you see things happen and you dont really see the full picture. I mean, that tackle at the end, Pienaar, where he gave away the FK, I was screaming for a foul for us. But watching it on MOTD. Pienaar dived in rugby style.

As said, its hard to judge most things at the game, watching games on TV is so much better, you got about 50 replays at different angles and stuff.

But again, totally amazed that so many can watch the same game and have so many different views. Football is great.

I'm with Monty. It is no coincidence that in the last two games, the refs have let the game flow, let fruity tackles go in and we have had probably our two best games of the season. Some will use that and say we are cloggers but we never have been the media's favourites. Fookem

I thought he was fairly shocking to be honest lol

He redeemed himself by giving us a penalty but he blew us up for some fouls which just plain weren't. I was watching in the pub with two neutral mates who also thought he was crap! Funny old game.

Last edited:
When was the last time a ref came to GP without booking anyone not even after a penalty.................[Poor language removed] you get others who book people left right and centre..............that guy had a very good game, he treated players like men

Status
Not open for further replies.