2019/20 Marco Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have you come to that conclusion based off that post?

They deliberately ignore any points raised against their posting “style”. It’s all utterly childish. Definitely Adversus

nobody is saying anything about blitzing the dec games. Nobody

the whole thread for a couple of months shows clearly people mainly either want Silva gone now or at end of season or as soon as we have a good replacement with maybe a couple of posters Totally behind him. its utterly bizarre attention seeking to bang on as if you are a lone voice of reason and dismissing other fans as clowns and sheep. Every other post uses a straw man argument

I’ve no issue with anybody who wants him gone. It’s clear as day there is more than enough reason to sack him so the difference of opinion line is just more silliness

...it is, I just find it a little encouraging he’s made some big decisions of late.

Some people are so blind to the fact that they won't ever see any good in him.

I think he's been incredibly unlucky and some massive moments individual basis has cost him

DCL v villa - open goal n misses
Delph v Bournemouth - wrong foot and deflects goal in
Spurs/Brighton - VAR

Dont think its helped with him being left without much CB cover or forward too.
Spent 55m on two central mids who are out for best part of season too.

We battered them.

Wasnt that under Puel?

Cant judge when its a totally different season under a totally different manager and their confidence is sky high at present.

As I've also said our centre midfield is much weaker at present - Gana/Gomes to Davies/Schneiderlin and Holgate over Zouma makes me more worried when it comes against us having to defend against the better attacking sides like Liverpool/Chelsea/Leicester.

So far we've only really played City and a woeful Spurs side and wielded 1 point - we will rightfully be going into these games as massive underdogs.

The league cup quarter is the game we have a good chance in as its at home and the fans will be up for it.

O’Silver isn’t the right man for the job, never was.

But, I’d be happy if we went on a mazy run over the next couple of months that pulls us clear of a relegation fight and sets us up for a mediocre, mid-table finish, with O’Silver leaving at the end of the season.

2 leg Semi over Peps Man City - no chance sadly.

Might have a chance in a one off encounter but cant see anyone beating them over 2 legs except the RS.
I dont care to be honest. If we are going to be the best we have to keep playing these teams until we beat them. There will come a time when we do. That is the attitude at Leicester and they are now a team nobody wants to play. The gold standard for ignoring the supposed pecking order

Deserves credit for yesterday.

We need to show restraint, less of the “we’ve turned a corner stuff” like after West Ham.

Norwich becomes a vitally important, must-win game now to build some confidence going into that run of six incredibly difficult, almost season-defining games.

How we come out of these six games will probably shape whether MS is here come the end of the season. Very real possibility we come out of those games with a respectable points total, maybe a big win or two and through in the cup - all of a sudden all is forgiven and Silva is back in the good books.

2 leg Semi over Peps Man City - no chance sadly.

Might have a chance in a one off encounter but cant see anyone beating them over 2 legs except the RS.

Norwich have stuck 3 past them and won. Wolves have stuck 2 past them without reply at the Etihad and won. Palace beat them at the Etihad last year too. Leicester and Newcastle beat them in the last 12 months too. They are FAR from unbeatable. Not something we should be worried about.

Norwich have stuck 3 past them and won. Wolves have stuck 2 past them without reply at the Etihad and won. Palace beat them at the Etihad last year too. Leicester and Newcastle beat them in the last 12 months too. They are FAR from unbeatable. Not something we should be worried about.

Aye but all those games you have listed were one off games.

As I said in a one off game we would have a chance but I wouldnt be throwing my life savings on us coming out of the other end of a 2 legged tie against them.

Its possible I could buck Katie Price but doesnt mean im confident of it ever happening.

Aye but all those games you have listed were one off games.

As I said in a one off game we would have a chance but I wouldnt be throwing my life savings on us coming out of the other end of a 2 legged tie against them.

Its possible I could buck Katie Price but doesnt mean im confident of it ever happening.

Arguably a two legged tie may make it easier for us than a one off game. It’s not like we know how this team would fair in two legged ties but many teams prefer it.

No, of course, we wouldn’t be favourites. But that’s the point, it doesn’t matter. Just because we’re not favourites doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be positive and have a go, we just might surprise ourselves. Especially if, by the time we play that tie, we’ve had a good run against the top sides in December and not disgraced ourselves.

Reading optimism on here reminds me of speaking to friends in Martinez last season.

Oh we won, he is turning it around.

He isn't, beating the teams In the bottom 3.

If we win the next 2 then the season league wise completely changes for us. It shouldn't do given how many defeats but there we go. It's important we go into December with momentum because pick a few results up there and maybe this season turns salvageable . Whether Silva is salvageable is another question for another time

Some people are so blind to the fact that they won't ever see any good in him.

I think he's been incredibly unlucky and some massive moments individual basis has cost him

DCL v villa - open goal n misses
Delph v Bournemouth - wrong foot and deflects goal in
Spurs/Brighton - VAR

Dont think its helped with him being left without much CB cover or forward too.
Spent 55m on two central mids who are out for best part of season too.

Don’t talk sense mate people will shoot you
Down for it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.